Newest Member
    e46ds1x
lrene's Heavy Rain Impacts in PHL 8/29 - 8/31

ptb127

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres hr 78

hr 78 irene is right over the delaware bay just west of cape may.... best guess of pressure sub 965 lol.....this is a little east of 0z run which brought it over phl...hvy rain over the region.already 4-5 inches for se pa and southern nj and all of del, with the western side of del 5-6

we get 5-6 inches of rain from irene..

track is elizabeth city to orf to just west of cape may to just west or over nyc

I've noted for about 8 run cycles that every run of every model seems to have tracked west, yet the 18z and 00z runs have steadied and some have trended east. Are we seeing the beginning of a new trend, albeit a slight one?

anything is still on the table...but as the time draws closer that window narrows...you think winter storms are somewhat unpredictable, tropical storms are that times 10

I give the Euro alot of props. thus far with the westerly track it has shown for days. I've been a doubter all along it would take such a track.....looking at analogs and past history, tropical systems just tend to curve NE once they approach 40N. Will this be the case with Irene.......that's the big question.

Got any idea of wind speeds in our area for the event?  Just curious if this will be worse than our typical fall/winter high wind event.  Also, wonder if I need to secure stuff outside.

I'm betting on a period of TS force winds at the least. Will be securing some stuff. Look out if this thing cuts west of 95.

Mandatory evacuation has been ordered for Cape May County starting at 8 AM Friday for inland residents. People in the barrier islands must leave TONIGHT.

I'm not budging from Town Bank, NJ. When they knock I'll give them the name of my next-of-kin. I'm not scared of rain and wind. Staying with neighbors who are in their 70s and were here for Ash Wednesday '62. They said that storm didn't do squat on the West side of the Cape...all oceanfront damage which is what this one is looking like....oceanfront and barrier island/back bay flooding.

TWC says we may be dodging a bullet...."Irene is just not getting it's act together to intensify any farther and as per latest satellite frames, may be encountering some raggedness in the eye and weakening".

I give the Euro alot of props. thus far with the westerly track it has shown for days. I've been a doubter all along it would take such a track.....looking at analogs and past history, tropical systems just tend to curve NE once they approach 40N. Will this be the case with Irene.......that's the big question.

How about the GFS having this thing climb the coast since hr 324.

I'm not budging from Town Bank, NJ. When they knock I'll give them the name of my next-of-kin. I'm not scared of rain and wind. Staying with neighbors who are in their 70s and were here for Ash Wednesday '62. They said that storm didn't do squat on the West side of the Cape...all oceanfront damage which is what this one is looking like....oceanfront and barrier island/back bay flooding.

TWC says we may be dodging a bullet...."Irene is just not getting it's act together to intensify any farther and as per latest satellite frames, may be encountering some raggedness in the eye and weakening".

You know better than to trust TWC. As I type, Irene is in a strengthening mode. Go to main page.

Ouch. You could have quite the storm story from there if your still around when its over.

Archived