• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
lrene's Heavy Rain Impacts in PHL 8/29 - 8/31

ptb127

This is exactly the reason I've been trying to hype this storm. We haven't seen anything like this in a really long time and the worst case scenario, while not probable, is definitely on the table.

Best to make your store / gas station runs soon before the rest of the people rush out Saturday, as a precaution of coarse

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly the reason I've been trying to hype this storm. We haven't seen anything like this in a really long time and the worst case scenario, while not probable, is definitely on the table.

new 11am track from nhc is the 12z euros track from yesterday basically coming over cape may as a hurricane..

I don't know the local area that well, but this could be worse than Floyd from a hydrological standpoint.

I remember getting close to 8" in our small watershed, and I don't think we could have taken more than another 1/2" before the house would have gotten hit. The key will be rate of rainfall. If we get 6-8" in 8-10 hours, that'll be tough to drain. I can live with 6-8" over 12-15 hours (maybe). The hydro before Floyd also was drier than normal. This is the opposite.

I'm hoping to stay under 6". I think I can manage that. Anything more is iffy.

Best to make your store / gas station runs soon before the rest of the people rush out Saturday, as a precaution of coarse

I've advised my team at work to do all that tonight. I don't even want to think what the gas stations and grocery stores will look like on Saturday...:gun_bandana:

As far inland as we all are, the real concern is prolonged power outages and potential water contamination from flooding. Of course, if you are near a creek, stream or river, you have a whole other hosts of concerns to prepare for...

Anyone here anything on coastal evacs? I'm in sea isle, might leave tomorrow to get back to my car in Drexel hill. Wanna beat traffic and the preps.

May in-laws live in Cape May and they received a recorded phone msg from the township telling them to be prepared in case evacuations are ordered. They will hear more tonight.

~D~

Archived