• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Freeze Predictions--when will your site go?

moneypitmike

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the winds will be my killer. Does not look like the classic radiational type setup with a high cresting over top of us.

This isn't a high cresting over us 12z Friday?

f66.gif

Anyways...I think I finally make 32F one of these upcoming mornings. MAV & MET MOS have my dewpoint reaching 20F Thu afternoon. I can't wait for that.

This isn't a high cresting over us 12z Friday?

Anyways...I think I finally make 32F one of these upcoming mornings. MAV & MET MOS have my dewpoint reaching 20F Thu afternoon. I can't wait for that.

It is but I think that will be after the coldest temps. It does not look like an ideal HP. Looks modified to me. 850's are not below 0C for me on that. I think we see our coldest temps before this H passes overhead. Tonight and tomorrow night on CAA as opposed radiational cooling as the H crests overhead on Friday.

I agree that Thurs afternoon will feel awesome out there.

Anything to get rid of that bug.

It is but I think that will be after the coldest temps. It does not look like an ideal HP. Looks modified to me. 850's are not below 0C for me on that. I think we see our coldest temps before this H passes overhead. Tonight and tomorrow night on CAA as opposed radiational cooling as the H crests overhead on Friday.

I agree that Thurs afternoon will feel awesome out there.

Anything to get rid of that bug.

Actually, when high pressure moves overhead...you are already having some waa aloft moving in. You want some weak waa aloft, because that will help keep the inversion in tact which means the atmosphere has a chance to decouple. Euro has 0C temps right along the ern mass coast, so that's pretty good. It's just going to depend if that atmosphere can decouple well enough because if it can, imo, the setup is there for KTAN to tank. Otherwise, it's like 33 or so.

35F this AM. Saw some spotty frost on roofs. No freeze yet.

Edit that.

34F for a low.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/obs/TANobs.html

1st frost advisory up for me. BOX has me for 32f. I may be able to pull of a freeze tonight since I have found the temps usually end up a degree or 2 below t where they forecast in nights like this.

Archived