Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event?

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall the models have bounced around quite a bit from run to run, so I think it's way too early to get too excited either way. I'm just hoping we can get a nice, wide band of heavy snow to spread the wealth. With the amount of arctic air diving into the back of this thing I think this has huge potential to be something pretty significant.

It would only be fair to at least wait until the system's fully sampled (and the NAM comes aboard) IMO.

I'll give you that. Like I said though, just don't have a good feeling about this one IMBY.

Some special teams strategy eh? Possibly faking the punt? :guitar:

Double reverse. Ah I wish reverse psychology worked with snowstorms. :weenie:

I'll give you that. Like I said though, just don't have a good feeling about this one IMBY.

I just checked the 18z GFS BUFKIT for KDET (Detroitr City Airport).

While patrick earlier posted a BUFKIT of 7.6" at Metro Airport, the BUFKIT for Detroit City Airport (a more accurate representation of my backyard) only shows 2" at best.

So we're in the same boat at this point, but there's plenty of room for correction. Plus it's also possible the models aren't picking up on the potential occlusion yet.

Really I haven't totally jumped, just testing the waters. Just don't have a good feeling about this one. We'll see...

Euro would be great for you....but like it has been said...until the system gets sampled....and really sampled for two launches....well it's a lot like watching a LIONS FOOTBALL GAME....looks good at first "but ya still have to play for 4 quarters"

LOL just like not having a good feeling about those WAC officials Friday night.... I'm still bitter over that bad spot...

watch the 0z come back and nail us on that run...

Brutal spot. At least the b-ball team took care of Gonzaga on Saturday.

And let's hope for the best with the 0z runs.

Double reverse. Ah I wish reverse psychology worked with snowstorms. :weenie:

I understand why you don't have a good feeling. I think we're just too far out in time right now. I'm definitely interested...there's a lot of potential reward with this if things come together.

patrick, not to go OT, but is there a reason why you keep double or triple posting?

Looking back at the posts I don't see any redundant posts except once when I deleted and re-posted within a min because of a typo....but otherwise I don't see any....net has been flakey here in the tower for some reason....every time a snow squall hits....but yet the router is in the tower so not sure why sometimes it has timed out and I just resend it....then check to see if there was a redundant post which I haven't seen.

Archived