• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Remnants of Emily Part II: 295 Miles SSE Of Cape Hatteras, NC

I wasn't question that classification...I figured there were north winds. It was more of a scientific guess since the "trades" are out of the south on the western edge of the Bermuda High...hence I think north winds on the west side of a low would be more indicative of a closed low than the west winds on the south side.

Yeah, winds opposite of the prevailing flow are the ones to look for when closing off a low.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NHC Track from Channel 2 in Charleston:

That is the NHC track from the NHC.

That circulatory entity sure has been hanging tough east of Miami. Radar estimates up to 10.36 inches of rain has fallen, so far, just west of and across the Bahamas since 8:22 AM EDT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_1999_Mexico_floods

T.D. #11 of 1999 killed hundreds of people in eastern Mexico, is the wettest known storm for Vera Cruz state, and its floods changed the course of a river across eastern Mexico in early October that year. Overall damage was over $1 billion US dollars. It even had tropical storm force winds for a while when it was considered non-tropical.

It certainly was one of the worst tropical depressions on record. Good thing numbers and Greek letters aren't retired, eh?

Weak depression, but I've seen worst. The recon found west winds and closed a LLC off...A few of the smrf have been at least 30-32 knots. T.d4 of 2000 is the least impressive TD I've seen and maybe t.d7 of 2003 and t.d 11 of 1999. Grace of 2003 sucked as a tropical storm.

Almost forgot T.d5 of 2010 sucked.

Dead again, should be gone for good now.

SATELLITE IMAGERY OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS SHOWS THAT THE CENTER OF

EMILY HAS BECOME ELONGATED AND IS NO LONGER WELL DEFINED.

THEREFORE...EMILY DOES NOT MEET THE DEFINITION OF A TROPICAL

CYCLONE...AND THIS WILL BE THE FINAL NHC ADVISORY. REGENERATION OF

THIS SYSTEM IS NOT EXPECTED DUE TO THE RELATIVELY HOSTILE

ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERIZED BY NORTHEASTERLY SHEAR AND DRY AIR.

has a shot at becoming the first cane as it escapes the tropics and heads northeast.

My call from yesterday is looking good ;)

This is certainly the least exciting regeneration I've seen.

Regardless, definitely can't argue with he NHC's forecast reasoning here. Seems pretty clean cut.

that's gonna cost you guys some points in the forecaster rankings

If anyone cares, my forecast verifications:

post-525-0-92509300-1312817498.png

Track: Was OK in the first two days and back on track by days 6-7, however the track was a good bit too far north in the middle. Emily stayed within my cone for the most part, grade C+.

Intensity: Too high. Forecast too much intensification over the eastern Caribbean which did not come close to verifying. Grade will be a D.

post-525-0-47990800-1312817611.png

Track: Was a bit too far north in the near term once again, but was quite close once Emily began impacting Cuba. Grade, C+.

Intensity: Was better than first forecast, however did not show enough weakening due to land interaction. Grade, C-.

post-525-0-39376900-1312817708.png

Track: Was dead on first 24 hours, but was too far left therafter as the mid level steering currents steered Emily's remnant mid level circulation until regeneration. Grade, B-.

Intensity: Showed significant weakening due to land interaction and potential for restregnthening as Emily passed east of Miami. However, did not show enough weakening over land. Grade, C.

LOL

35n0nk3.gif

1. SHOWER ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF EMILY...LOCATEDABOUT 500 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF BERMUDA...HAVE INCREASED SOMEWHATOVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING EASTWARD NEAR 30MPH AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT CONDUCIVE FOR SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF REGENERATING INTO ATROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

LOL

35n0nk3.gif

1. SHOWER ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF EMILY...LOCATEDABOUT 500 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF BERMUDA...HAVE INCREASED SOMEWHATOVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING EASTWARD NEAR 30MPH AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT CONDUCIVE FOR SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF REGENERATING INTO ATROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

It's like a bad zombie movie...

Zombie Emily has a SSD floater again. Looking at vis loops, it has outflow on the Eastern side, and may be moving South of due East. On IR looks like a frontal low with a cold front, but thats just an appearance. Probably does not have East winds North of the center.

post-138-0-96412000-1312896510.jpg

Archived