Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Remnants of Emily Part II: 295 Miles SSE Of Cape Hatteras, NC

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called death by Hispaniola the other day but then was starting to back off as it continued West but it just hung around the island for too long.

i didnt make a call as to save myself the need to reference it 50 times a day to remind people what it was

we need a forecast thread seperate from the obs thread so we dont have to waste brain cells on crappy forecasts

we should just a thread for all things JB :arrowhead:

i didnt make a call as to save myself the need to reference it 50 times a day to remind people what it was

I didn't make a call...didn't have time nor did I care unless it cleared Hispaniola. ;)

Looks like plane is climbing, last few HDOBS I saw decewnt SW winds, but no West wind, and the temperature/dewpoint depression was still pretty big.

Looked at satellite again, low level center/tropical wave is heading West, I think I still see rotation in the IR, although cloud tops are warming.

I think its dead or soon to be dead. Don't know if they carry it for six more hours to be sure/continuity's sake/keeping warnings flying.

...EMILY DEGENERATES INTO A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE...HEAVY RAINS

CONTINUE OVER HISPANIOLA...

NEXT ADVISORY

-------------

THIS IS THE LAST PUBLIC ADVISORY ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE

CENTER ON THIS SYSTEM UNLESS REGENERATION OCCURS.

RIP crapstorm

Yea, especially as it entrained some inflow off of Hispaniola.

Yes, but even prior to that by a long shot... When Emily was a struggling yet strong TW passing through the southern Leewards it was ingesting poison - and arcus clouds were bulging away from it all along. That is usually indicative of too much hooch!

Now ... what if Emily's remains pheonix .... Is it "Emily", or Emily moch-2

If its directly traceable to the remnants of Emily, and not the remnants interacting with another wave or disturbance, it'll be Emily.

Its how I can claim to have survived 'Ivan'.

See also early evolution of Katrina. New TD number because original TD had interacted with another system.

This still has a strong midlevel rotation, I dont think this is over yet

And warming cloud tops.

I'm not certain its over yet, I suspect NHC will run models for a day or two more, and who knows? But I'd lean towards pining for the fjords.

Ate the salmon mousse...

Well, I feel like right now is about as organized as it'll be pre-Hispaniola. And that narrow part of shredderola is a high mountain range, many 2000 m+ peaks according to this map http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/Hispaniola_lrg.jpg

That sort of topography would destroy pretty much any low-level vortex. I really wouldn't be surprised to see this thing dissipate within 24 hours, perhaps a 50/50 chance imo.

Yep, Hispaniola wins again.

Ooooh, I got disciplined.

But Adam's right. I shouldn't have lost my temper in a wx side and posted visual hurtyhurtz. :( I'm just so disgusted with the first five systems this year-- and then my very own chase partner rubbing it in.

I owe all of my wx-nerd friends a heartfelt apology. :hug::wub::hug::wub::hug:

It'll be okay. We will get good storms this year after the dry air goes away and MJO actually decides it wants to play.

Archived