joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Outbreak Tuesday Aug 2nd, 2011

free_man

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should just put severe outbreak for CT/MA and NNE cause you know were gettin crap

I don't expect much, but there could be a iso severe storms Tuesday. There also might be nothing more than a few light sprinkles. We'll see. The "outbreak" part was joking, of course.

...NEW ENGLAND...

AN UPPER LOW OVER QUEBEC WILL MOVE SLOWLY SOUTHEASTWARD AND ACROSS

ME TOMORROW. IT APPEARS LIKELY THAT PORTIONS OF EASTERN NEW ENGLAND

MAY SEE CONSIDERABLE DAYTIME HEATING DURING THE MORNING AND EARLY

AFTERNOON...BEFORE UPPER SYSTEM APPROACHES. GENERAL MODEL CONSENSUS

IS FOR A FEW THUNDERSTORMS TO DEVELOP IN THIS AREA. FORECAST

SOUNDINGS SHOW SUFFICIENTLY STEEP LAPSE RATES FOR A RISK OF SMALL

HAIL AND GUSTY WINDS BEFORE STORMS MOVE OFFSHORE.

Tomorrow should be yet another fun day, although this one will mainly be for eastern sections. Like today, large hail will be the number one threat, however, winds aloft will be stronger than they were today so we could see more in the way of wind damage reports than we did today. Atmosphere might not be as unstable as today so perhaps we don't see some of the insanely large hail reports like we had today.

Meh, I'm unimpressed. Today was a much better modeled setup and it was a crash and burn. And then we can await Wednesday to see the MCS drift just to our SW :lol:

I really don't think today was a crash and burn...the slight risk definitely verified and between ALY/BOX along there were about 30 reports of 1'' or greater hail. Not sure what OKX's area got but I'm sure they probably had at least 15 reports.

I really don't think today was a crash and burn...the slight risk definitely verified and between ALY/BOX along there were about 30 reports of 1'' or greater hail. Not sure what OKX's area got but I'm sure they probably had at least 15 reports.

IDK seems hard to really call it an organized event. By and large the storms were initiated by terrain and the sea breeze front across LI. Probably being a bit hard I guess, as in some very localized areas it was a good day. But compared to what was modeled, and the thermodynamics we had today, meh. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

IDK seems hard to really call it an organized event. By and large the storms were initiated by terrain and the sea breeze front across LI. Probably being a bit hard I guess, as in some very localized areas it was a good day. But compared to what was modeled, and the thermodynamics we had today, meh. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

I think it verified pretty well, sure eastern areas missed out but this wasn't expected to be a widespread outbreak or widespread producing event anyways.

awty.jpg

...NEW ENGLAND...

AS THE AFOREMENTIONED CLOSED UPPER LOW SPREADS SOUTHEASTWARD OVER

NEW ENGLAND TODAY...RELATIVELY LOW-TOPPED TSTMS ARE EXPECTED TO

DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON MAINLY ACROSS COASTAL NEW ENGLAND IN VICINITY

OF A SURFACE TROUGH AND/OR A SOUTHEASTWARD-SWEEPING COLD FRONT.

WHILE VERTICAL SHEAR WILL BE MODEST ASIDE FROM WESTERN/SOUTHERN NEW

ENGLAND...SUFFICIENT LOW LEVEL HEATING IN CONJUNCTION WITH

RELATIVELY COOL THERMAL PROFILES ALOFT /-12 TO -16C AT 500 MB/ AND

ASSOCIATED STEEP LAPSE RATES WILL BE FAVORABLE FOR ISOLATED SEVERE

HAIL/POTENTIALLY COPIOUS SUB-SEVERE HAIL...AND PERHAPS DAMAGING

WINDS AS WELL.

Tomorrow should be yet another fun day, although this one will mainly be for eastern sections. Like today, large hail will be the number one threat, however, winds aloft will be stronger than they were today so we could see more in the way of wind damage reports than we did today. Atmosphere might not be as unstable as today so perhaps we don't see some of the insanely large hail reports like we had today.

congrats yesterday.

Eastern areas should be okay today..still a lot can go wrong.

congrats yesterday.

Eastern areas should be okay today..still a lot can go wrong.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, not sure what people were expecting to occur or if people were just upset they didn't get anything or what but the slight risk definitely verified and there were a ton of severe criteria hail reports. I think yesterday worked out perfectly.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, not sure what people were expecting to occur or if people were just upset they didn't get anything or what but the slight risk definitely verified and there were a ton of severe criteria hail reports. I think yesterday worked out perfectly.

Yesterday was a bust for all eastern areas that were under a severe thunderstorm watch. I was under one till 10pm even when it was clearly evident nothing was going to happen. B-U-S-T.

Yesterday was a bust for all eastern areas that were under a severe thunderstorm watch. I was under one till 10pm even when it was clearly evident nothing was going to happen. B-U-S-T.

Atmospheric conditions up to the coast were favorable for the development of severe wx, which is why the watch was issued. A watch doesn't mean severe wx is going to happen, there wa sa decent amount of severe within the watch box so the watch did verify.

Even if it appeared nothing would have happened you have to have the watch up b/c you never really know when/if something may pop up and you don't want that to happen and have nothing out and people get caught off guard.

Eastern areas will get their turn today. Even for yesterday I don't think many from eastern areas should have expected much, especially as the morning went on b/c you could see where the diffuse cold front was setting up and that's where the best lift was occurring, there was very little in the way of lift across eastern areas.

There was a severe thunderstorm watch for all of SNE yesterday that flatly busted anywhere along and east of Hartford-Springfield. :lol:

There was a severe thunderstorm watch for all of SNE yesterday that flatly busted anywhere along and east of Hartford-Springfield. :lol:

There's been plenty of times wiz and I have been under a severe watch and nothing happened but not sure if I could say the watch busted....I've also been under Flood Watch, Blizzard Watch, Tornado Watch, take your pick and nothing happened......now if I was under a warning and nothing happened or I didn't at least see or feel what was warned even if I didn't get the full brunt then maybe the warning busted for me.....but a watch? no

I do admit it is annoying to be under a watch and not have anything happend though....

Archived