• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Outbreak Tuesday Aug 2nd, 2011

free_man

Modestly moderate rain shower ongoing right now. Think this might be about it for the day. I guess it helps a little with the lawn but .05" isn't gonna do all that much, maybe I can add on another passing shower or two if I'm lucky. Not looking to good for much else here probably to far west for today. Too far east to cash in on anything yesterday.

Isolated rain shower moving in, I'm so excited!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it was right along the seabreeze front.

yeah that lower shelf was actually twisting quite nicely. no hail but it did drop like ten half dollar sized rain drops :lol: ...there was no wind so you could actually hear these big fat drops coming through the woods.

oh well. hopefully something more later on. looked pretty cool though.

disaster :axe:

MESOSCALE UPDATE 215 PM...

SHOWERS/STORMS STILL HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING ORGANIZED ACROSS

SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND. EVEN THOUGH AIRMASS HAS DESTABILIZED WITH

SBCAPES AROUND 1500 J/KG AND WE HAVE 0-6KM SHEAR OF 30-40KT...RATHER

WEAK MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES ARE CAUSING STORMS TO STRUGGLE AS THEY

TRY TO DEVELOP. LOW LEVEL DRYING HAS BEEN ANOTHER LIMITING FACTOR.

WE STILL HAVE A FEW HOURS FOR MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES TO STEEPEN...

AND IT APPEARS THIS MAY STILL HAPPEN BETWEEN 3 AND 6 PM.

IN ANY CASE WE STILL EXPECT TO SEE SHOWERS BECOME A LITTLE MORE

NUMEROUS THROUGH LATE AFTERNOON...ONLY QUESTION IS EXTENT OF

THUNDER. OVERALL SEVERE THREAT DOES APPEAR TO BE MORE LIMITED AT

THIS TIME.

0133 PM CDT TUE AUG 02 2011

AREAS AFFECTED...PART OF SRN ME...SRN NH AND CENTRAL/ERN MA

CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 718...

VALID 021833Z - 021930Z

THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 718

CONTINUES.

SEVERE WEATHER THREAT CONTINUES ACROSS SWRN ME INTO SRN NH. THE AIR

MASS FARTHER S INTO MA HAS BECOME MODERATELY UNSTABLE AND COMBINED

WITH EFFECTIVE BULK SHEAR AROUND 35 KT IS SUPPORTIVE OF ORGANIZED

STORMS. IF CONVECTION INCREASES IN COVERAGE UPSTREAM ACROSS VT...

THEN A NEW WW MAY NEED TO BE CONSIDERED ACROSS PARTS OF MA THIS

AFTERNOON.

Getting disappointed over these marginal setups not producing is ridiculous...they hardly do.

I try to remain positive. At least I didn't get shut out. Counted thirty-four raindrops on the hood of my car. And it never gets old hearing the same person complain day after day regarding thunderstorms. For me at least.

There's still some decent potential....late summer is the best IMO because you can't rule out later pm or nocturnal storms with the relatively cool air aloft.

Very true. Nocturnal stoms are my favorite. Nothing like watching the approaching lightning for an hour in the dark before the main event, then watching it depart again. When I was down in Florida this past April there were some very strong stroms just training over the gulf for 3 or 4 hours but they never made it ashore, where I was anyways. Too far south, but talk about vivid lightning over and over again. Best storm I've seen all year to be honest.

No kidding, just as soon as you said that I had a pretty good rumble of to the NNW

Me too... looks like storms firing in CNH/VT

OT: Garden cancel. No rain for 2 months has really killed my garden, most leaves are yellow.

Me too... looks like storms firing in CNH/VT

OT: Garden cancel. No rain for 2 months has really killed my garden, most leaves are yellow.

Had about ten more since that post. Looks like its gonna slip off toward my east. Perhaps those other "cells" off to our north west will strengthen rapidly like this one did. That was quick. Pretty much one frame was green the next was red and orange.

And that sucks about your garden. Total death? You have some lawn why didn't you put them in the ground? It really is the only way to do it.

Usually yellow leaves are overwatering causing the plants to not be able to absorb the nitrogen from the soil.

Had about ten more since that post. Looks like its gonna slip off toward my east. Perhaps those other "cells" off to our north west will strengthen rapidly like this one did. That was quick. Pretty much one frame was green the next was red and orange.

And that sucks about your garden. Total death? You have some lawn why didn't you put them in the ground? It really is the only way to do it.

Peppers, melons, and cukes are still growing. Zukes are kinda dead. I'm hoping for a bounce back. I just can't keep up with watering it. I water in the morning and its bone dry when I get home. I should have picked up a drip irrigation like ETauton said.

Looks like that storm in concord is making a right turn now

Peppers, melons, and cukes are still growing. Zukes are kinda dead. I'm hoping for a bounce back. I just can't keep up with watering it. I water in the morning and its bone dry when I get home. I should have picked up a drip irrigation like ETauton said.

Looks like that storm in concord is making a right turn now

Maybe next year add some of those crystals that retain moisture to your soil mix. Plus hay, straw, or mulch on top of the soil in the buckets helps a ton.

Just had a huge increase in wind 0mph to 20-25mph in a 30 second period. Must be inflow toward that strengthening storm

Archived