• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

Would not be suprised to see more heavy rain as the cutoff nears us. It won't have quite the tropical connection as that stalled front did, but it could still produce some heavy rain and storms. I also cannot wait for that cold front later in the week. Looks like enough to send temps into the 40s at night at least.

I'm sure it will find a way to rain heavily one of these days before the cutoff exits. Trying to figure out when at this point is the big question.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same...plus, the weather lately has sucked, very muggy.

Yup...definitely will welcome cooler, less-humid weather. The air conditioning system in my house stopped pumping out cold air on Saturday afternoon...we've been OK with the windows open and using ceiling fans the last two nights...but I'll have to get someone in before next May to put in more refridgerant (freon, I assume).

Yup...definitely will welcome cooler, less-humid weather. The air conditioning system in my house stopped pumping out cold air on Saturday afternoon...we've been OK with the windows open and using ceiling fans the last two nights...but I'll have to get someone in before next May to put in more refridgerant (freon, I assume).

That sucks. I used Horizon Services for a tune-up about a year ago (after never having the A/C looked at in the 5+ years I've lived here).....no complaints with them. They had to replace one capacitor (I believe)....cost was about $100 for the whole service including general tune up.

Obviously you know to check your return filter. Also check cooling fins on the unit. Mine did this and I took the Shop-vac to the fins and it was fine.

Unfortunately I had to disassemble the unit to be able to access the inside. This is my 25th season for the unit and it's never needed freon.

When air flow is restricted, it ices up and then takes 12+ hours to thaw out. Getting ready to put the tarp over mine so it doesn't get a bunch

of leaves inside. I refuse to run the air in the fall.

Obviously you know to check your return filter. Also check cooling fins on the unit. Mine did this and I took the Shop-vac to the fins and it was fine.

Unfortunately I had to disassemble the unit to be able to access the inside. This is my 25th season for the unit and it's never needed freon.

When air flow is restricted, it ices up and then takes 12+ hours to thaw out. Getting ready to put the tarp over mine so it doesn't get a bunch

of leaves inside. I refuse to run the air in the fall.

I would also check to see that the condensation pump is in working order. I had one go on me at the end of last season. I have to remember to clean mine out at the end of the season now because the motor blew out after the float was weighed down by a buildup of scale and mildew...

A little bit out of the area but guess who hit the only severe storm in Ohio yesterday......Thats right this guy. Driving down I-76 in Ohio i saw dark skies and in those dark skies was a DOUBLE RAINBOW. I thought to myself huh thats cool a double rainbow then i saw Lightning strikes around the double rainbow which was awesome. Next thing you know we are in blinding rain strong winds and hail up to penny size maybe a little bigger was hard to judge. Was judging from the sound on the car. Within a mile of exiting the storm the sun was out. This is the second time in three trips out Ohio(2) and Michigan(1) that I have hit one of the very few reported storms in the state. Guess I just have good luck. The other was 04/06/10 in Michigan, that hail was 1.5 inch which didn't like my car.

Just thought I would share this story here since none of my friends care haha.

A little bit out of the area but guess who hit the only severe storm in Ohio yesterday......Thats right this guy. Driving down I-76 in Ohio i saw dark skies and in those dark skies was a DOUBLE RAINBOW. I thought to myself huh thats cool a double rainbow then i saw Lightning strikes around the double rainbow which was awesome. Next thing you know we are in blinding rain strong winds and hail up to penny size maybe a little bigger was hard to judge. Was judging from the sound on the car. Within a mile of exiting the storm the sun was out. This is the second time in three trips out Ohio(2) and Michigan(1) that I have hit one of the very few reported storms in the state. Guess I just have good luck. The other was 04/06/10 in Michigan, that hail was 1.5 inch which didn't like my car.

Just thought I would share this story here since none of my friends care haha.

bring that type of action this way!

Lightning through a rainbow...can't say i've seen that....yet

Models are showing that next week could be one of the nicer weeks of the year. Ridge should build in but with dry and light northwest winds. Could be days in a row of sunny and 70s with lows in the 50s.

Yup, looks good. We are long overdue.I'm hoping things clear for the weekend, but we may need to be patient....especially Saturday with the upper level trough overhead.

Models are showing that next week could be one of the nicer weeks of the year. Ridge should build in but with dry and light northwest winds. Could be days in a row of sunny and 70s with lows in the 50s.

Good, let's get the hell out of this month...KAVP just broke the record for most rain in a September (10.15" with tonight's rain so far)

Looks like once we get past tomorrow evening, it's going to be gorgeous! Finally, my tennis matches can go on without problems! Haven't seen such a perfect 5-day forecast in quite awhile.

Point Forecast: King of Prussia PA

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. West wind between 10 and 13 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 63.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 50.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 70.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 69.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

Looks like once we get past tomorrow evening, it's going to be gorgeous! Finally, my tennis matches can go on without problems! Haven't seen such a perfect 5-day forecast in quite awhile.

Point Forecast: King of Prussia PA

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. West wind between 10 and 13 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 63.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 50.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 70.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 69.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

I'm not sure I believe this forecast. When was this issued? Off and on PVA cloudiness and sct. showers should continue through Tuesday morning due to the c/o low sticking around. I don''t see us getting back into the start of the ridge axis until Tuesday evening. This has it progged 24 hours earlier. At the very least they should throw in some shower pops through Sunday night and early Monday.

The 18z GFS continues to show one of the nicest stretches of weather in recent memory. With the ridge over us we could go 2 weeks without seeing much of the way of clouds let alone a drop of rain.

my freakin yard is so wet with water just sitting and grass growing that i approve the GFS

Archived