• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

You Philly fans should be used to your teams coming up short.....

Why do I get the feeling you were beaten up at the Wachovia Center during a Flyers/Rangers game... ;)

But anyway...the weather has been great during the past 4 or 5 days...after a few damp days, it looks nice this weekend (a bit cool, but sunny).

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I get the feeling you were beaten up at the Wachovia Center during a Flyers/Rangers game... ;)

But anyway...the weather has been great during the past 4 or 5 days...after a few damp days, it looks nice this weekend (a bit cool, but sunny).

Man, I'd never go in person to a NY/Philly game........I wouldn't make it out alive. I did go to the Linc for a Penn State/Temple game and to the Wachovia Center (or whatever its called) for a Pens/Flyers game....had luxury box tickets given to me for the Flyers game. Both very nice places!

Anyway, crap weather moving in on schedule. High clouds dimming the sun. Looks like I'll try to mow this evening before the rain the rest of the week.

Kind of OT, but since this a banter thread:

I'm in Bretton Woods, NH this week and I can't believe the amount of road damage from Irene that is just now being repaired

on US 302, NH 16 and the Kancamungas highway. Just about every bridge off the road was washed out on rte 302 and

a major bridge across the Sawyer River was gone and has since been replaced with a temporary bridge. From Crawford

Notch to Bartlett, a run of about 20 miles, there a good dozen repairs still underway 6 weeks later. Repairs ranged from washed

shoulders to blacktop washed away across the roadbed. The Kancamungas was closed for 2 weeks as I understand.

Once you get away from the 'notches' where all the water from the mountains eventually runs through, I don't see any

damage. I guess there was some home and business damage as the radio stations up here are soliciting contributions.

BTW, high clouds giving the full moon a hazy look and it's 44 degrees, dropping to upper 30's tonight.

Kind of OT, but since this a banter thread:

I'm in Bretton Woods, NH this week and I can't believe the amount of road damage from Irene that is just now being repaired

on US 302, NH 16 and the Kancamungas highway. Just about every bridge off the road was washed out on rte 302 and

a major bridge across the Sawyer River was gone and has since been replaced with a temporary bridge. From Crawford

Notch to Bartlett, a run of about 20 miles, there a good dozen repairs still underway 6 weeks later. Repairs ranged from washed

shoulders to blacktop washed away across the roadbed. The Kancamungas was closed for 2 weeks as I understand.

Once you get away from the 'notches' where all the water from the mountains eventually runs through, I don't see any

damage. I guess there was some home and business damage as the radio stations up here are soliciting contributions.

BTW, high clouds giving the full moon a hazy look and it's 44 degrees, dropping to upper 30's tonight.

I hear ya.

I talked to the locals when I was up in the Adirondacks last week and they talked on and on about how bad Irene was up that way, and how most were caught off guard. There were still roads closed when I visited, but mainly back roads. Enjoy your time up there, you ain't missing much around here, mid-70s today with a good deal of high/mid-level clouds.

Welcome Back :thumbsup:

Fail out already? :lol:

Welcome back. Some nice crap weather for ya.

Thanks guys! No, not yet, but I did oversleep and miss MET103 yesterday morning. poster_oops.gif

And I don't consider this weather crap at all. It's been near 80 or in the 80s the last 10 days out there. In October, that's nasty.

Anybody else get hit hard last night with heavy rains. We had storms roll through at 1:30 and 3:30. The latter was heavier and longer duration with a couple rumbles of distant thunder. Wanted to get up and look at the radar but too tired.

I only had the heavy rain no thunder or lightning. My friend in west freehold got hit good lastnight had thick fog then a good bit of lightning.

Anybody else get hit hard last night with heavy rains. We had storms roll through at 1:30 and 3:30. The latter was heavier and longer duration with a couple rumbles of distant thunder. Wanted to get up and look at the radar but too tired.

We did around 11:00PM right after I went to bed. Some good rumbles of thunder as well. I checked the rain gauge this morning to find we're up to 1.25" here from this event starting Wednesday morning.

0.33" overnight. Awaiting the storms moving in from the southwest.

It looks like you'll get hit rather nicely. Doubtful I will get any action for a while if at all any today. I already started to organize all the thunderstorm footage times into one specific folder to start working on extracting the lightning out of them. So if I dont get anything today, time I think has passed me by and the long winter ahead looking for snow, but also time to work on the rusting of my filming time, Like after a good break in time I am slow to get back into gear for filming thunderstorms. Next year I hope to have much better success then this year, I know that I did half decent but for the most part i had a very bad year content wise. I did have some good quality stuff but quantity its been so poor. Goodluck and enjoy.

Archived