• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

The big contrast IMHO will be from Red Hill to Shimerville on Rt 29. The top of the South Mountain(Shimerville) to Hereford can go from 1" to 6" in that short of a drive. I have seen this many times. Macungie will be on the heavier side.

Oh I could totally see that too. Where that restaurant used to be where 100/29 split.

That's quite a ways up in elevation from Hereford.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20.8F this morning and still radiating. Will be a cold evening for treat or treating. Much of the LV is still without power. It's like a war zone. The hotels that have power are packed and the same with the restaurants. Trees, large branches, and wires down in every direction.

ended up at 19.7 this morning for the low. Can't ever recall sub-20 temps in October. Can't remember this sort of snowpack either.

RIP growing season regionwide.

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

908 AM EDT MON OCT 31 2011

...END OF THE GROWING SEASON...

THE WIDESPREAD FROST AND SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES LAST NIGHT HAVE

CAUSED THE GROWING SEASON TO COME TO AND END ACROSS CENTRAL AND

SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...DELAWARE AND THE EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND.

THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER FROST OR FREEZE PRODUCTS ISSUED FOR OUR

REGION THIS SEASON.

got down to 29 in d hizzle with hvy frost...just some scattered snow left on the yard...different story at the golf course where their is still 3 inches or so

Got down to 30 lastnight in brookhaven. Where do we go from here? I know of the warmup this week. But whats the outlook for the rest of fall and as we enter winter? All of the SLEET/SNOW i had from saturday melted away yesterday, but up here in Ardmore thats a totally different story with maybe an inch or so in patches. It was a parking lot plowable snow event for northern Delco. I didnt bother shoveling at home because it didnt stick to the sidewalk or driveway much, mostly the sleet did and set the stage for the end of the time where the snow fell.

Tom you think with our heavy frost also that our growing season is over or do we have some more to go until we finally get a good hard freeze?

Amazing localized fog bank around the Delaware River, was about as dense as I've seen fog crossing the turnpike bridge at 7:30 - water must still be relatively warm

I ran into the thickest fog this morning right at the Entrance/Exit of the blue route right on the Media Bypass. You could see it was a low lying fog from about 1/2 mile away it looked like a big cloud just moving across the highway it was kinda cool, above it was clear but couldn't see the blue route itself through the fog, but saw the semi-clear sky above it with some jet streaks. Too-to bad I couldn't take any pictures while I was driving.

26.8 this morning in NW Chesco. Still 4 inches on the snow board. Ground covered pretty much everywhere

with a couple of inches of concrete-like snow/ice. I'd expect it will be couple days until it melts off completely

even with no sub-freezing temps.

Looks like we have a couple weeks of seasonably mild weather coming up with no chances for cold/snow

until after mid-month at the earliest.

Archived