joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92 @ 3pm

-----

sidenote:

Would anyone be interested in making a map of our subforum area with markers showing where each posters (town) is located? I'd be down with gathering a list together of member names and towns. I just don't have the skills to create a quick map (I'm sure there is a way, like using Google). I was thinking if I gather a list of names/towns a map could be created and pinned on here and we can all use it as reference. Even just a map depicting the location of each poster (no names necessary, could be sort of interesting).

I browsed through the banter thread and counted roughly 65-70 posters. There were only a handful of poster who did not disclose their town on their profile so a throwing together a list would take me very little time.

Anyway, its just an idea.

92 @ 3pm

-----

sidenote:

Would anyone be interested in making a map of our subforum area with markers showing where each posters (town) is located? I'd be down with gathering a list together of member names and towns. I just don't have the skills to create a quick map (I'm sure there is a way, like using Google). I was thinking if I gather a list of names/towns a map could be created and pinned on here and we can all use it as reference. Even just a map depicting the location of each poster (no names necessary, could be sort of interesting).

I browsed through the banter thread and counted roughly 65-70 posters. There were only a handful of poster who did not disclose their town on their profile so a throwing together a list would take me very little time.

Anyway, its just an idea.

ill do it, or try to... make a forum and tell people to put their location in

ill do it, or try to... make a forum and tell people to put their location in

Cool, I made a seperate thread.

Here is what I found.....

Pennsylvania..

Parsley-Graterford, PA

Thunder Road-Bensalem, PA

phlwx-Royersford, PA

JCT777-Spring Mount, PA

PSUHazleton-Hazleton, PA

Quakertown Needs Snow-West Rockhill, PA

eastonwx-Martins Creek, PA

tombo82685-Drexel Hill, PA

Grothar-Macungie, PA

irishbri74-Drexel Hill, PA

cast4-Wayne, PA

ChescpPAWxman-Glenmoore, PA

am19psu-West Chester, PA (?)

JTA66-Lansdale, PA

Lady Di-Avondale, PA

PAPPG-Pennsburg, PA

LMolineuxLM1-Brookhaven, PA

foggy-Feasterville, PA

Jmister-Philly, PA

Weather Guide-Reading, PA

jwilson-Philly, PA

ptb127-Hazleton, PA

daxx-East Prospect, PA

hazwoper-Wrightstown, PA

Yes_Probably_Maybe_No-Trevose, PA

al79philly-Trevose, PA

Maximum lawman-Bryn Mawr, PA

WxLover-Paradise, PA

iceman56-Pughtown, PA

greg ralls-K.O.P., PA

BucksCO_PA-Feasterville, PA

Voyager-Tamaqua, PA

chubbs-New London, PA

jrodd-Villanova, PA

ParanormalWx-Berlinsville, PA

Absolute Vorticity-West Chester, PA

yak-Reading, PA

LVBlizzard-Allentown, PA

mattinpa-Collegeville, PA

chrisNJ-Easton, PA

greenskeeper-Hatfield, PA

Eskimo Joe-Lancaster, PA

Jersey....

famartin-Ewing, NJ

lab94-Oak Ridge, NJ

Harbourton-Hopewell Township, NJ

cg41386-Cherry Hill, NJ

rgup96-Butler, NJ

MGorse-Moorestown, NJ

Analog 96-Elizabeth, NJ

ShoreWxgal-Tuckertown, NJ

Riptide-Cape May, NJ

SmokeEater-Folson, NJ

dryslotted-Marlton, NJ

Rtd208-Carteret, NJ

NJwinter23-Holmdel, NJ

Engine2211-Mount Laurel, NJ

SD-Toms River, NJ

Darkstar-Edison, NJ

winterwarlock-Belle Mead, NJ

airmarci-Northfield, NJ

Gump-Toms River, NJ

Delaware....

bluehens-Wilmington, DE

Macchump-Wilmington, DE

snowlurker-Middletown, DE

Low 90's with moderate humidity today felt more like mid-80's, given the temps and humidity of previous days.

Yeah. i believe it hit 92 in Philly. Anyhow, very comfortable. i actually didnt sweat from going from my ac'd house to the outside ala the beer can effect :thumbsup:

Low 90's with moderate humidity today felt more like mid-80's, given the temps and humidity of previous days.

Yup, felt pretty good, unless you were working directly in the sun. I made that mistake around midday for about an hour in my one garden. I had to remove sun-fried hostas and lots of dead "roadside" lilies.

amazing storm up here today.

at-least a 70 MPH gust, 0.50 hail covering the ground.

trying to get the video up, but my stupid iPod recorded the video sideways... i'll post it in this thread when uploaded.

numerous trees down -

http://www.poconorec.../NEWS/110729809

Impressive! Glad we had a warning out. Your video should be interesting. By the way, the grill did not get blown away did it?

well after 2.25 it was still a little wet, but it dried up a good amount

I missed everything up in Wayne but I heard we got over 2 inches and Route 30 flooded out in front of the Paddock. No more complaining for me :thumbsup:. Was down in Pike Creek, DE driving through some of the heaviest rain I have seen in a while.

lol holy shat, 3-6 thats nuts

Yes sir, just in time too! Although I didn't crack over 100 degrees like alot of you did, I was still in the mid to upper 90,s last week. The lawn was taking a beating. Earlier I looked over a couple 24 hour precip charts for Pennsylvania and it showed between 4.0-6.0 inches of rain that fell in my area yesturday. I think that map was a bit overdone, I believe it was more like 2.0 to 4.0 inches. Today we had additional 1.0-2.0 inches with the three heavy downpours/t-storms that rolled through. Not severe like Mike in Tobyhanna, but plenty of heavy rain! I'm rather surprised nobody posted from Northampton County yesturday. Reports of 6.0 of rain in spots down there.

Here we go -

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MbwFcZtNuoA

darn iPod & the small screen size. (try to view in either expanded view or full screen size)

unexpectedly let out a *bleep* during the strongest gust. (0:48) If only the audio was working correctly at the time , the wind roar was tremendous... Couldn't see anything on my right side for those few seconds. (was a tad scary...)

Waddya guys think, 70 MPH ?

Sun came out immediately after, while it was still raining.

Here we go -

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MbwFcZtNuoA

darn iPod & the small screen size. (try to view in either expanded view or full screen size)

unexpectedly let out a *bleep* during the strongest gust. (0:48) If only the audio was working correctly at the time , the wind roar was tremendous... Couldn't see anything on my right side for those few seconds. (was a tad scary...)

Waddya guys think, 70 MPH ?

Sun came out immediately after, while it was still raining.

great video. not sure on the winds myself. definetely over 50 mph.

Speaking of wind speed est:

From the June 24th storm last year. Anyone wanna guess how fast these winds were? i'm going to go ahead and say 85-100.

I know in drexel hill, winds were just as fast, but the recorded wind speed was 78mph if im not mistaken by tombo.

sorry if this is beating a dead horse, just something to talk about. What else in the weather is going on?!

Speaking of wind speed est:

From the June 24th storm last year. Anyone wanna guess how fast these winds were? i'm going to go ahead and say 85-100.

I know in drexel hill, winds were just as fast, but the recorded wind speed was 78mph if im not mistaken by tombo.

sorry if this is beating a dead horse, just something to talk about. What else in the weather is going on?!

wow...can't believe this is the first time i'm seeing this. Makes my video look like poop on a stick.

I agree with the 85 to 100 MPH range.... I'm guessing there had to be a wind tunnel effect of some sort going on as well. (tall buildings around)

Archived