• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

Waking up to 70 degrees. 0.07" of rain last evening.

--

As for the winds in that video, I'd "guess" they are in the 70-80 range, but I'm no expert. My in-laws were at that game and were in the process of getting to their car when the storm rolled in. Since I'm not a Phillies fan, I wasn't with them. Missed oppurtunity for me.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

66 for a low in Spring Mount this AM. Very nice! Oh...and there was 0.1" of rain last night...just enough that I don't have to water the flowers for a 2nd straight day. :thumbsup:

Yup, instead of watering my attention has turned to dead-heading and weed removal.

81...just before noon here.

Here we go -

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MbwFcZtNuoA

darn iPod & the small screen size. (try to view in either expanded view or full screen size)

unexpectedly let out a *bleep* during the strongest gust. (0:48) If only the audio was working correctly at the time , the wind roar was tremendous... Couldn't see anything on my right side for those few seconds. (was a tad scary...)

Waddya guys think, 70 MPH ?

Sun came out immediately after, while it was still raining.

The trees you were filming were swaying quite a bit but if the winds were 70 mph I would imagine some of those would have been knocked over or at least snapped. For what it's worth, there was a measured 64 mph gust with this same storm in Lackawanna County. Thanks for the phone report yesterday (you spoke to me and I was the radar/warning forecaster) and the video. It was an impressive storm on radar as well.

The trees you were filming were swaying quite a bit but if the winds were 70 mph I would imagine some of those would have been knocked over or at least snapped. For what it's worth, there was a measured 64 mph gust with this same storm in Lackawanna County. Thanks for the phone report yesterday (you spoke to me and I was the radar/warning forecaster) and the video. It was an impressive storm on radar as well.

Thanks bud, I'm soooo bummed the audio didn't come through right. It was only normal audio during the first 10 seconds or so of the clip....then water got on & muffled everything. The tiny video quality didn't do much justice either... would of been much more convincing me thinks if both of these were rectified. (next time for sure)

Looks like Mt Pocono airport data was knocked out yesterday from 5:15PM onward. This would of helped confirm as well. highest gust was only 28 mph ? yeahhh right.

Thanks bud, I'm soooo bummed the audio didn't come through right. It was only normal audio during the first 10 seconds or so of the clip....then water got on & muffled everything. The tiny video quality didn't do much justice either... would of been much more convincing me thinks if both of these were rectified. (next time for sure)

Looks like Mt Pocono airport data was knocked out yesterday from 5:15PM onward. This would of helped confirm as well. highest gust was only 28 mph ? yeahhh right.

It appears the MPO ASOS took a power hit due to that storm that knocked several of the sensors offline for a time. The core generally tracked north and east of the airport, thus less wind there.

68 here in Spring Mount, PA this morning. Had the windows open from 11 PM last night until 7 AM today to get a little fresh air in the house.

Wish I had done that. With the overnight cool down the air wasn't running, so it was kind of stuffy in the house this morning. It was nice to not break a sweat walking to the office...

More heavy rain here in Harrisburg continuing this crazy wet year. 1.45in so far...

Wow...you guys have been getting hit with pretty much every rain opportunity since March I think! Maybe a tenth of an inch here so far today. Hopefully we can pick up some more overnight and tomorrow.

Clouds and showers kept us at 84° for the high...coolest in quite awhile.

Very little rain here in brookhaven, still need buckets full to makeup for the losses this year, have had several decent rains but most of it washed off and didnt soak in so its almost like it almost didnt rain. Maybe some overnight but nothing more then a .25 thats about it.

Yes, our friends to the west CXY, LNS need to share some of that rain. :)

I had a privacy fence installed today, they dug down nearly 3 feet and what they dug up looked like the surface of the moon.

Very little rain here in brookhaven, still need buckets full to makeup for the losses this year, have had several decent rains but most of it washed off and didnt soak in so its almost like it almost didnt rain. Maybe some overnight but nothing more then a .25 thats about it.

I had some dry periods around here, but overall I have had average rainfall.

Archived