Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.50" since the start Wednesday morning.

Interesting stats for Allentown. I didn't realize they were pushing 60" for the year since January 1.

SINCE JAN 1

YTD: 59.93

Normal YTD: 36.33

Departure from normal: 23.60

Pretty impressive!

Very much so.

Amazing how just 1" of rain can't soak at all into the soil right now. With the storms today, water was running off in every direction. The soil is beyond saturated.

Very much so.

Amazing how just 1" of rain can't soak at all into the soil right now. With the storms today, water was running off in every direction. The soil is beyond saturated.

Parsley, This is called supersaturation when the soil profile cannot hold any more runoff. As I discussed in another forum, if the soil remains supersaturated going into freezing temps, we will have a really bad flooding problem in a January or early February thaw with any depth to snowpack and heavy rainfall adding to the misery.

Parsley, This is called supersaturation when the soil profile cannot hold any more runoff. As I discussed in another forum, if the soil remains supersaturated going into freezing temps, we will have a really bad flooding problem in a January or early February thaw with any depth to snowpack and heavy rainfall adding to the misery.

Hmm.....that does not sound promising at all.

So does anyone know what the record is for Allentown regarding a yearly precipitation total? I can't seem to find anything online. Every record for precip extreme either is daily or monthly. Nothing for yearly. Surely Allentown is close to surpassing it if they haven't done so already.

What kind of noises does it make?

supersaturation achieved and gusts are picking up...up to 28 mph

look out for trees!

Sort of a gurgling noise. I don't even need to be walking on it to hear it when its really saturated.

While I'm not a big fan of wind, I'll take it if the sun is out.

Add more rain in the total monthly bucket for the Lehigh Valley tonight. Currently light showers falling. Ground has not even dried out from the last rain this past week, even with all of the wind we had the last two days.

Sunshine combined with the wind has helped soil moisture tremendously

still a bit soggy, but it could be worse

B-A-utiful day out theresun.gif

I guess we are all just numb to rain (or threat of rain) these days............even big rainstorm potential. I guess 60 inches of rain in 10 months can do that to a person.

Yes , I am a little numb but this will wake you up

Mawsynram in Meghalaya State, India holds the world's record for the most precipitation received annually on average: 11,872 millimetres (467.4 inches) or nearly 12 metres a year. That is a hell of lot of rain compared to us

Nine major weather stations in the contiguous 48 states receive an average of over 60 inches (1524 millimetres) of precipitation a year:LocationInches

Mt. Washington, New Hampshire 101.9

Quillayute, Washington 101.7

Astoria, Oregon 67.1

Mobile, Alabama 66.3

Pensacola, Florida 64.3

New Orleans, Louisiana 64.2

Tallahassee, Florida 63.2

Baton Rouge, Louisiana 63.1

West Palm Beach, Florida 61.4

Mawsynram in Meghalaya State, India holds the world's record for the most precipitation received annually on average: 11,872 millimetres (467.4 inches) or nearly 12 metres a year. That is a hell of lot of rain compared to us

Nine major weather stations in the contiguous 48 states receive an average of over 60 inches (1524 millimetres) of precipitation a year:LocationInches

Astoria, Oregon 67.1

Mobile, Alabama 66.3

Pensacola, Florida 64.3

Sure is.

I think at this point in my life, I'd pick Pensacola to live in over any other place on that list. I'd wouldn't miss the snow that much living within a few miles or so of the Gulf Coast.

Astoria, Oregon 67.1

Mobile, Alabama 66.3

Pensacola, Florida 64.3

With an average of over 472 inches or 39 feet (12 meters) of precipitation each year, Mt. Waialeale on Hawaii's Kauai Island is the rainiest and wettest spot on the planet.

Sure is.

I think at this point in my life, I'd pick Pensacola to live in over any other place on that list. I'd wouldn't miss the snow that much living within a few miles or so of the Gulf Coast.

pensacola has too much tropical storm weather. It's okay if you're a kid, but when you have to pay the insurance and pick up the pieces afterwards, I'd live elsewhere, although of that list, you may be correct.

Archived