• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

33.2 this morning in NW Chesco. Down to a few piles and scattered patches in the yard. Today should pretty much kill it.

32.7 in Spring Mount this morning...and also down to a few small piles of snow in the yard (where I shoveled...anything that wasn't piled up has already melted).

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snow is gone but we still have roads closed due to downed trees and power lines here in Berks. My power just came back yesterday but some probably will not get power back until late this weekend or some time next week. New roads need to be built to access some of the downed lines.

Got to 59.5 yesterday (60) and only down to 41.2 this morning. Only plowpiles left. Was kind of weird yesterday to see pretty

much the only naturally accumulated snow left was on north facing rooftops. I guess that where the deepest accums happened, therefore

the longest to melt.

the sun angle and deflection of the warm breezes is the reason for no snow melt on the north side

the sun angle and deflection of the warm breezes is the reason for no snow melt on the north side

True, but I did notice that the accumulations on the roof of my shingled unheated shed matched my snow board which were more than

ever accumulated on the still relatively warm ground. Thinking that the rooftops cooled more quickly - sort of like 'bridge freezes before

road surface'.

Can we officially use the term Indian Summer for the upcoming week of mild temps?

Was surprised to see a substantial amount of snow on the ground down your way yesterday morning. Granted, it was only on north facing hillsides, but still incredible to see 6 days after the storm.

Was surprised to see a substantial amount of snow on the ground down your way yesterday morning. Granted, it was only on north facing hillsides, but still incredible to see 6 days after the storm.

I was actually driving on some heavily shaded roads this morning and noticed a bit of snow still. It's been below freezing several nights this week so I'm sure that helped it survive this long, too. Low of 26 here this AM.

Question. So on thursday I was walking out of work and noticed a rainbow up in the sky. it wasn't a full rainbow or anything and the only clouds that were around were high wispy ones. Anyone ever seen this or know what would cause it?

It might have been a sundog.

I was actually driving on some heavily shaded roads this morning and noticed a bit of snow still. It's been below freezing several nights this week so I'm sure that helped it survive this long, too. Low of 26 here this AM.

That and the high water content, perhaps. Just incredible to even be discussing it though given the calendar. Your low temps are impressive. Here, on a hillside in Bangor, I just don't get those advantages on radiating nights.

25 this morning = cold morning yet here.

23 here in Macungie. The leaves are finally turning color on the burning bushes-- a sign that it will be colder in the next couple of weeks (after this Indian summer week). The next chance of snow is when all of the leaves fall of the bushes. The squirrels have been burying nuts like crazy and the mallards and wood ducks have returned to the Little Lehigh in my backyard - an early sign of winter. The creek was really steaming this morning. The woolly bears are still all black and the mosquitoes are gone. December is not looking above average in the temps according to nature and thanksgiving could be white if the timing of the fronts is just right? Anyway, still have snow piles on my deck (north side of the house). Interesting end of the month for the weather coming up.

23 here in Macungie. The leaves are finally turning color on the burning bushes-- a sign that it will be colder in the next couple of weeks (after this Indian summer week). The next chance of snow is when all of the leaves fall of the bushes. The squirrels have been burying nuts like crazy and the mallards and wood ducks have returned to the Little Lehigh in my backyard - an early sign of winter. The creek was really steaming this morning. The woolly bears are still all black and the mosquitoes are gone. December is not looking above average in the temps according to nature and thanksgiving could be white if the timing of the fronts is just right? Anyway, still have snow piles on my deck (north side of the house). Interesting end of the month for the weather coming up.

i'm definetely going to enjoy the nice weather the next week or two before possible changes heading towards the holiday or thereafter. Snowmelt definetely keeping the Perk. Creek running higher than normal. Saw someone from the USGS checking on the Graterford Gauge the other day, probably checking on how the gauge/building help up from the 18+' crest from Irene.

Archived