joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Assault

Mr Torchey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see its another scorcher back home. Just popped in after another perfect day on the beach.......88 back home, right around plus 4 after today for the month at bdr, LOL well ABOVE NORMAL too bad phil the thrill said my august assualt was going to crash and burn, just like my July Viva La Sizzle .....the August Assault is exceeding expectations:) Time to make a couple pitchers of frozen rum runners to take back to the cabana and pool, enjoy the heat ladies!!!!!!!

Why the f uc k do you like this crap, you must like the smell of smegma rotting everywhere.

hmmymm lets see 85 degree ocean temps, head high and bigger surf, ice cold beer all day, frozen margs and rum runners at the pool for happy hour and killer fresh seafood from murrels inlet for dinner, not to mention the eye candy, laughs and great times with familia.....yep just horrible times. I enjoy and respect the fact you like it cooler, why the **** would you care that I like it hot and sunny?

hmmymm lets see 85 degree ocean temps, head high and bigger surf, ice cold beer all day, frozen margs and rum runners at the pool for happy hour and killer fresh seafood from murrels inlet for dinner, not to mention the eye candy, laughs and great times with familia.....yep just horrible times. I enjoy and respect the fact you like it cooler, why the **** would you care that I like it hot and sunny?

I love weather like that too, but only when I'm right up on a beach with a drink in my hand and with the kids playing in the sand. When I'm at home and have to work, this swampazz humidity bs sucks in my opinion. But it makes sense why you might like it more than others do, don't you live pretty close to the ocean?

Today was one of the rare days when thunderstorms survive the trek down the southern half of Narragansett Bay and make it down to Newport. Very little lightning, not much thunder, but a generous amount of rain in a short amount of time in a part of Southern New England that is climatologically probably one of the driest (I mean precip. wise) places in the region this time of year. The ASOS at Newport's offical reporting station (UUU) measured .64 inches of rain but where I live 4 miles SSW of that location I had at least an inch.

Which summer was more unbearable?? Clearly last summer. Except for that heatwave in early June of this year, this June was much more tolerable. The last 6 weeks have been fairly comparable...I've had a lot of days, too many in fact..in the 85-90 degree plus range...but unlike last year at this time we've had several 36 hour periods where the humidity lessened some...and last year we seemed to have endless days of 70 plus dewpoints. I'm guessing I've had 30 calendar dates with dews above 70 so far...which is why central AC is kinda becoming a necessity even down here because window units suck....As for water temps...they're running a degree or two below normal. There have been a lot of days the past few weeks where the water temp has been in the 66-68 degree range instead of the 70-72 degree range which is more common for early August at Newport's south facing beaches.

Some nice cool, dry air coming in for the latter part of the week. Could be some upper 40s at night for the Berks on Thursday night. Last time I went sub 50 was on the morning of 7/1, when I hit 49.3. If we can do it on Friday morning it will have been 42 straight days of temperatures above 50 degrees. Anyhow, the first sub 50 night after the mean temperature max around 7/21 is the first step in our descent toward the greatest season.

In BDR? Not talking about your vacation Mecca, it's not the hot and sunny it's the hot, wet, hazy, murky , smoggy air that I hate.

I love weather like that too, but only when I'm right up on a beach with a drink in my hand and with the kids playing in the sand. When I'm at home and have to work, this swampazz humidity bs sucks in my opinion. But it makes sense why you might like it more than others do, don't you live pretty close to the ocean?

No he lives near the end of LI sound, hardly ocean front.

Some nice cool, dry air coming in for the latter part of the week. Could be some upper 40s at night for the Berks on Thursday night. Last time I went sub 50 was on the morning of 7/1, when I hit 49.3. If we can do it on Friday morning it will have been 42 straight days of temperatures above 50 degrees. Anyhow, the first sub 50 night after the mean temperature max around 7/21 is the first step in our descent toward the greatest season.

Ah best news and post in months.

Oh, well that makes it a little harder for me to understand why someone would like that kind of weather, but I guess to each his own. That stuff doesn't do much for me living here in the Merrimack Valley.

Oh, well that makes it a little harder for me to understand why someone would like that kind of weather, but I guess to each his own. That stuff doesn't do much for me living here in the Merrimack Valley.

He likes it hot. He has stated before that he is originally from South Carolina, so perhaps he grew up with more hot weather than what we experience in New England. It would be like someone from down south trying to figure out why a lot of us that live up north like the cold and snow and root for blizzards, or someone living in a urban/suburban setting wondering why someone would want to live in a rural environment. It's not hard to understand, but like you say: to each their own.

He likes it hot. He has stated before that he is originally from South Carolina, so perhaps he grew up with more hot weather than what we experience in New England. It would be like someone from down south trying to figure out why a lot of us that live up north like the cold and snow and root for blizzards, or someone living in a urban/suburban setting wondering why someone would want to live in a rural environment. It's not hard to understand, but like you say: to each their own.

Well that makes perfect sense then. I have some family down in South Carolina but they are transplants not natives so they don't love it quite so much. Either way he's happy where he is and thats good and the humidity has finally decreased enough for me to turn off the ac and open the windows up so I'm happy where I am now too. Looking forward to some lows in the 50's later this week before an alleged warm up later this month, we'll see what happens with the NAO rising in the long rang perhaps. Looks like warmth might not be waning as quickly as I had hoped.

High of 88 yesterday at BDR a +6 day

3.7 for the month!!!!!! Way above normal, everything working out as planned, as I forecasted a plus 2-4 monthly departure for August. Some major heat on the horizon, September to sizzle as well. Ocean front, lol, na just lis, very lucky as beaches in Fairfield are incredible, man I would blow my head off if I lived inland in a place like Moose Mt.

Archived