joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Assault

Mr Torchey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the sizzle dude? Another August day in the 60's here.

Congrats Pete! +2.7 here for the month, obviously a negative departure today and tomorrow, both the gfs and euro ens show warmth starting next week into the end of the month, all sne stations have and will end up with a + departures for the month, in my original post I stated somewhere around +2-4 for the month, that looks to be on track, we will look back and state facts on Sept 1 :thumbsup:

Meh, it won't torch much, if at all. Times of high dews..sure, but not buying a prolonged torch yet. It does look wet, and next week..not this coming week, looked like potentially the warmest.

To be honest it doesn't even really look humid until next Thursday afternoon and Friday. If the GFS is right we lose the humidity in time for a pleasant weekend... if the Euro is right we keep temps cool and see off and on rain.

Congrats Pete! +2.7 here for the month, obviously a negative departure today and tomorrow, both the gfs and euro ens show warmth starting next week into the end of the month, all sne stations have and will end up with a + departures for the month, in my original post I stated somewhere around +2-4 for the month, that looks to be on track, we will look back and state facts on Sept 1 :thumbsup:

I'll take the outlook of 2 of my favorite mets, trained professionals that aren't prone to embellishment.

SNE major stations are at +1.1 to +1.8 going into today. They will be lower by a bit and the rest of this week will depress those a bit.

Next week might (big word) be a different tune, but not sure.

My pool could sure use some warmth. A skim of ice on it now

Some NNE locations thru 8/14 (odd distribution, with above at both ends and below in the middle, though all departures are small):

CON +0.7

PWM -0.7

BGR -1.2

CAR +1.0 (and already exceeded normal rain for all of August, nearly 22" since 6/1)

I'm guessing that none of these stations finish the month more than 2F away from their norms.

We shall see, what the models give you today, they will take away tomorrow, pattern has been above normal, all sne stations above normal for the summer, I expect a warm finish to August and a VERY warm fall.

I hit 90 5 times this summer, wouldn't consider this summer above normal,June was below, last 12 days of August normal to below so basically July was the warm month of the three. About 4 week above normal period , helluva way to get assaulted.

Going back to the spring and I will use a generally "cool" spot that still has a substantial population meaning its relevant.

ORH

march -0.1

april +2.4

may +1.7

june -0.1

july+3.0

Not only has it been an above normal summer temp wise across sne, it was an above normal spring

I hit 90 5 times this summer, wouldn't consider this summer above normal,June was below, last 12 days of August normal to below so basically July was the warm month of the three. About 4 week above normal period , helluva way to get assaulted.

Dude you live in a brutal summer area, you were on the edge of the heat ridge. Midsummer was hot the beginning and now the end are not for the rest of us.

Spin it DJ Steve (brutal summer area) what a crock of **** LOL.

Hey 87 today.............the heat is back, and guess what the models are showing for next week?????????????TORCH as expected :thumbsup: I said in the opening post somewhere between +2-4 monthly departure for August and that looks right on track.

September is going to roast, spring was above normal, summer above normal, and the fall will be above normal...........viva la sizzle

Spin it DJ Steve (brutal summer area) what a crock of **** LOL.

Hey 87 today.............the heat is back, and guess what the models are showing for next week?????????????TORCH as expected :thumbsup: I said in the opening post somewhere between +2-4 monthly departure for August and that looks right on track.

September is going to roast, spring was above normal, summer above normal, and the fall will be above normal...........viva la sizzle

Look at the 90+ thread

Dude you live in a brutal summer area, you were on the edge of the heat ridge. Midsummer was hot the beginning and now the end are not for the rest of us.

Yeah, July scorched...the other two months not so much....departures by month:

BOS:

June: -0.9F

July: +3.4F

August: +0.2F

ORH:

June: -0.1F

July: +2.9F

August: +0.6F

BDL:

June: 0.0F

July: +2.3F

August: +0.3F

The numbers don't lie...warm summer thus far but all pretty much just in July. June and August have been near average.

BOS:

ORH:

BDL:

The numbers don't lie...warm summer thus far but all pretty much just in July. June and August have been near average.

ORH will finish +1.3 to +1.5 for the 3 months... unless some mega heat or cooldown happens, Last summer ORH averaged +2.8 for the 3 months. That was warm

BOS:

ORH:

BDL:

No, you are wrong. You've been proven wrong in the Yankees thread and you are being proven wrong now.

This summer will be remembered for heat and humidity.

Archived