Most Online
    Ring of Fireflies
    Newest Member
    Ring of Fireflies
July Heat Wave Obs/Discussion

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KIND has both me and the Laf crew at 100 degrees again today. Would that be the 1st back to back days since when? 1988 or back in the 30's? In any case, were a degree behind this hour from yesterday. But im a degree ahead according to my temp gauage.

I wonder how long it's been since IND and LAF has had back to back 100 degree days?

KIND has both me and the Laf crew at 100 degrees again today. Would that be the 1st back to back days since when? 1988 or back in the 30's? In any case, were a degree behind this hour from yesterday. But im a degree ahead according to my temp gauage.

I believe 1983 was the last time for LAF, which reeled off 4 consecutive 100+ days back then.

Clouds are starting to break/thin out west, so we'll probably push into the 80's.

The morning MCS kept us from making another run into the mid 90's.

Depending on MCS potential, Sat/Sun have the potential to be in the low-mid 90's too.

We'll see how things go...

We are sitting at 77/70 under mostly cloudy skies right now.

Giving the AC a break. It actually turned off for a an hour or two, as the temp inside the house actually got down to 74. Couldn't get the house below 78 yesterday, and that was just just the main floor. The upstairs bedroom was 86 degrees, because the windows face west, and when the sun comes 'round the west side of the house, it hits that bedroom window for several hours during the afternoon, and even though I have reflective material and whatever covering the window, it still gets very warm in there.

Can't wait for this to go away...

Make that the 4th consecutive day...

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL

820 AM CDT THU JUL 21 2011

...RECORD WARM LOW TEMPERATURE FOR JULY 20TH BROKEN AT ROCKFORD IL

ON WEDNESDAY...

A RECORD WARM LOW TEMPERATURE OF 77 ON WEDNESDAY BROKE THE PREVIOUS

RECORD FOR THE DATE OF 74 SET IN 1977.

You posted the same thing as yesterday...

Archived