wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July 8 Tropical Downpours & Storms

ski MRG

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DP peaked at 68 here and has since dropped to 62 as the last deluge passed through. Another one may be sliding along I-88 toward here.

Interesting day ...lovely morning and reached 75 with a dew point in the 50's...then the high humidity line and showers pushed up from the south and gave us a muggy six hour or so period.....

Now 63/62 and I hear rain starting in earnest again.

Def some sort of pseudo back door..Dew is down to 66. Still mod rain..up over 1.5 now with a very occasional rumble of thunder

DP peaked at 68 here and has since dropped to 62 as the last deluge passed through. Another one may be sliding along I-88 toward here.

Interesting day ...lovely morning and reached 75 with a dew point in the 50's...then the high humidity line and showers pushed up from the south and gave us a muggy six hour or so period.....

Now 63/62 and I hear rain starting in earnest again.

Have you needed the AC yet this season, Rick?

There was that two day almost heat wave around four weeks ago. I had an 86 and 89.... ALB hit 90+ a few days in a row.... Those were the only days I "needed it".

I used it a little at times in June because my tree pollen allergies were killing me and this upstairs gets warm even on a mild day. But that was a special circumstance because I couldn't open the windows. Haven't had it on in a couple weeks.

Have you needed the AC yet this season, Rick?

That area has produced our own little torrential rainstorm...... training echoes. Doppler estimate has 2"+ ..areas of 3" showing up just west.Dunno how accurate that ever is....

Yeah I saw that. Not sure I buy into that comma head producing like that, but maybe I can get into a narrow band of rain or something...like that area from Albany to ne PA..

Issued for the zone that begins two miles west of me....... I'm a mile from mile marker 110 on I-88.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

FLASH FLOOD WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALBANY NY

903 PM EDT FRI JUL 8 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN SCHOHARIE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF COBLESKILL...

* UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT

* AT 859 PM EDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS AND TRAINED

SPOTTERS REPORTED FLASH FLOODING FROM SEVERAL SLOW MOVING

THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE WARNED AREA.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO SHARON

SPRINGS

* THIS ALSO IMPACTS INTERSTATE 88...ESPECIALLY BETWEEN MILE MARKERS

104 AND 105.

It's probably accurate. These guys are dumping.

Archived