Newest Member
    Dump Trump
July 8 Tropical Downpours & Storms

ski MRG

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's not too dry anymore. ;)

Its actually perfect, if you look at radar, its been a light to moderate rain here at my location while just inland has been a deluge. Hoping for .5 to .75.......that would be perfect tomorrow looks sunny with a dowsloping wind, temps around 88 or so, beachtime!

@ litchfieldlibations... has the sky been like weird there over the last few hours? Over the sound looked like it was ready to drop a waterspout.

Pouring here currently, No lightning or thunder.

a little, but nothing too out of the ordinary with a frontal system nearby, some low level scuds coming sw to ne off the sound, and a high cirrus deck just north with towers visible in the northern sky.

Radar is fun though!

Def some sort of pseudo back door..Dew is down to 66. Still mod rain..up over 1.5 now with a very occasional rumble of thunder

HPC's most recent sfc analysis has a baroclinic wave of LP S of CT, with stationary boundary (psuedo warm boundary) extending from it, E of you. So not really a backdoor. Theses boundaries at this time of year are not hugely defined... It is 73/68 here in Ayer Mass for example, no wind and this is in the "cold sector" -

HPC's most recent sfc analysis has a baroclinic wave of LP S of CT, with stationary boundary (psuedo warm boundary) extending from it, E of you. So not really a backdoor. Theses boundaries at this time of year are not hugely defined... It is 73/68 here in Ayer Mass for example, no wind and this is in the "cold sector" -

After the last storm about an hour or so ago.The temp and dew dropped from 72/71 down to 68/67..now down 67/66

Yep, barring a last minute surprise I'll be watering plants tomorrow

It was initially convective in nature - folks shouldn't be surprised by the granular nature of max min in the spatial coverage. There may be some smoothing as the cells decay, but if you are stuck in a .1" hole that's your plight.

I understand that..but then how do you explain higher dews to my west and NW?

It is some sort of rain cooled boundary as it continues to rain here

Definitely a rain/cooled/pool no doubt... Still not a BD.

As I said, these boundaries are nebulous... There is weak LP S of you... Your winds are variable/N in general...

Archived