• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 8 Tropical Downpours & Storms

ski MRG

We just got some serious rain in Woonsocket. It got very dark but little thunder.

I was listening to AM and there was definitely lightning. There were flashes also every 10-15 sec.

Yeah, it got very dark as I qwas getting up to the I-95//I-495 interchange. It went almost completely dark and whe I got off at 1A it was just coming don in buckets, speeds were down to about 45mph.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was listening to AM and there was definitely lightning. There were flashes also every 10-15 sec.

Yeah, it got very dark as I qwas getting up to the I-95//I-495 interchange. It went almost completely dark and whe I got off at 1A it was just coming don in buckets, speeds were down to about 45mph.

Oh yes, we did get some thunder, just not as much as I thought we would based on radar and darkness here. Nice rain, though. Heavy heavy. scooter.gif

there it goes...right turn commenced...how predictable...storms go severe and immediately start drifting off to the right from the mean flow of travel...looks like i have no shot now...AmyB perhaps, but it may miss franklin to the the south...if nick is at home in Blackstone he has the best shot!

you're a hoot! i thought about signing on but didn't have enough time..

mostly dime but some nickel size hail this morning.. not much for lightning, with how dark it was i expected more of it..

leveled my little garden though, all my cosmos and four o'clocks are lying in the mulch.. heavy, heavy rain.

went out to inspect the darkness over Franklin a few minutes ago, a little rain and some distant thunder.. and dark..

Yeah it started just to the NE of me. Not much severe with it though the entie trip.

You think we pop anything else with the sun coming out now? Or are we mostly done?

I think it had some hail by the south coast for sure.

I think we'll pop some more later on in the aftn. Tough to say where, but anywhere from ern and se NY through SNE. Could be another light show for the Cape and Islands tonight, but the bulk might be just to the south.

Should help fuel some storms later..hvy hvy sun all of Western CT now..moving east

I hope so Kevin, 0.03 of rain since Tuesday june 28th here. The trees and most lawns that are being cut at a high length are fine, but my gardens are thirsty, heavy heavy damage control.

Archived