Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
DC/MD/VA Thunderstorm Obs/Disco 6/28/11

HoCoSnowBo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I see a couple of storms in N VA with dBzs over 50 and they took half the time to form relative to the ones farther south. so its all relative.

Rapidly? I don't know if rapidly is the right word - it has seemed pretty gradual.

He has a point

I know what he's saying I just figured rapid was more like what we see in outbreaks where the storms just start rapidly forming out of nowhere.

Well we don't get that around here, so "rapid" in his terms is better than nothing :P

I know what he's saying I just figured rapid was more like what we see in outbreaks where the storms just start rapidly forming out of nowhere.

the rate of storm formation is not as important as the fact they ARe forming, were both right lol. next hour is CRUTIAL to see if the N VA storms can make it down the mountains intact. looks like the cells north of Sertling, VA fizzled when they tried... not a good sign for DC area.

Looks like if you can get under a bulls-eye you'll be good to go... these storms be crawlin' and putting down RA/+RA

I hope so. We could just use some rain to keep the lawns and gardens happy...and to provide something different from some fairly blah weather recently. It's not too much to ask, is it?

Certainly not a yawner for the folks just s and sw of Charlottesville.

these threads are mostly dc area to wv people. the southern va folks tend to segregate themselves for some reason. either way, i was referring to mby.

Archived