CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 23rd to June 28th Severe Threat

Stebo

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to take away from tomorrow and pretty far out but if things play out we could have a nice severe event on Friday around here, alot of instability under the southern fringe of the good-level flow. Just something to watch.

This is for Cedar Rapids, IA friday evening. Obviously undirectional flow but decent wind fields to work with.

not to take away from tomorrow and pretty far out but if things play out we could have a nice severe event on Friday around here, alot of instability under the southern fringe of the good-level flow. Just something to watch.

This is for Cedar Rapids, IA friday evening. Obviously undirectional flow but decent wind fields to work with.

Ah yes, the GFS 80 degree dews make another appearance.

blanket tor from STL

edit: well, not one of those huge latitudinal ones but still

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ST LOUIS MO

108 AM CDT MON JUN 27 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHERN ADAMS COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS...

CALHOUN COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS...

PIKE COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS...

SOUTHERN MARION COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSOURI...

EASTERN MONROE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSOURI...

NORTHERN PIKE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSOURI...

RALLS COUNTY IN NORTHEAST MISSOURI...

* UNTIL 145 AM CDT

* AT 104 AM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE SQUALL LINE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING BRIEF RAIN-WRAPPED TORNADOES IN ADDITION TO WIDESPREAD STRAIGHT LINE WIND DAMAGE. THESE DANGEROUS STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM WARREN TO MONROE CITY TO SANTA FE...AND MOVING EAST AT 70 MPH. DAMAGING STRAIGHT LINE WINDS IN EXCESS OF 80 MPH ARE ALSO LIKELY WITH THIS LINE OF STORMS.

Man I'll tell you this, I think STL is going to have a rude awakening in the next hour/90 minutes. This line is maintaining itself very well.

Hoosier beat me to the warning :P

That area Northwest of STL has had to have been hit at least a dozen times this year with significant severe weather.

Man I'll tell you this, I think STL is going to have a rude awakening in the next hour/90 minutes. This line is maintaining itself very well.

Hoosier beat me to the warning :P

That area Northwest of STL has had to have been hit at least a dozen times this year with significant severe weather.

Quincy is about to get rocked. New ob could be interesting.

SPC was forecasting an upper level trough to move through the plains on Thursday and then into the Miss. Valley Friday, similar to the current situation, we'll have to wait and see if all the parameters come together...

On another note: Man if we had convection like this in eastern Kansas several hours ago, we could've had a significant tornado outbreak on our hands...

KCOU 270629Z AUTO 34046G54KT 2 1/2SM -RA SQ BKN055 BKN075 19/16 A2994

62 mph at Colombia. Btw not only is that area a radar hole, it is an observation hole too. Other than Quincy and Kirksville, there isn't another observation station North of 70 until you are almost to Kansas City.

Quincy is about to get rocked. New ob could be interesting.

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ST LOUIS MO

149 AM CDT MON JUN 27 2011

ILC001-009-270715-

/O.CON.KLSX.SV.W.0414.000000T0000Z-110627T0715Z/

ADAMS IL-BROWN IL-

149 AM CDT MON JUN 27 2011

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR BROWN AND

EASTERN ADAMS COUNTIES UNTIL 215 AM CDT...

AT 147 AM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DESTRUCTIVE WINDS

IN EXCESS OF 80 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE

EXTENDING FROM 6 MILES NORTH OF BOWEN TO 6 MILES NORTHWEST OF

BEVERLY...MOVING EAST AT 55 MPH.

IN ADDITION...AT 135 AM WIND GUSTS OF 76 MPH WERE REPORTED AT BALWIN

FIELD...JUST EAST OF QUINCY.

KUIN 270635Z AUTO 29043G66KT 1SM +TSRA FEW002 OVC018 19/17 A2996 RMK AO2 PK WND 31066/0635 WSHFT 0621 LTG DSNT ALQDS TSB28RAB33 PRESRR P0020

Holy crap guys. Went to the basement for maybe the third time in my life. Everything seems ok. Storm still going strong but I think the worst is past us. Never heard a roar like that. I was genuinely afraid of the weather for the first time in my life.I will try and go out and see if there is any damage but I don't think so.

Hey Baro, got a question for ya, check out the base ref and 0.5 base vel loop out of DVN, those surface gravity waves moving southeast? Can see them best in Warren and Knox county in IL.

Also if that line heading for PIA gets a bit more of a northerly component it will make a run at the southern portions of LOT's CWA.

Hey Baro, got a question for ya, check out the base ref and 0.5 base vel loop out of DVN, those surface gravity waves moving southeast? Can see them best in Warren and Knox county in IL.

Also if that line heading for PIA gets a bit more of a northerly component it will make a run at the southern portions of LOT's CWA.

That feature certainly has the look of a gravity wave. Unfortunately, it appears that the storms knocked out GBG, which would have been the perfect location to see pressure fluctuations.

Actually MLI shows it pretty well.

KMLI 270550Z 29023G35KT 10SM -RA FEW020 BKN075 OVC095 23/19 A2982 RMK AO2 PK WND 10043/0456 WSHFT 0535 LTG DSNT SE AND W TSB0455E10B22E50 PRESRR P0002 402670156

KMLI 270501Z 10034G43KT 8SM VCTS -RA BKN055 22/19 A2968 RMK AO2 PK WND 10043/0456 LTG DSNT ALQDS TSB0455 PRESFR P0000

That feature certainly has the look of a gravity wave. Unfortunately, it appears that the storms knocked out GBG, which would have been the perfect location to see pressure fluctuations.

would either of these help? they are from someone's home back yard, so it's not perfect, but probably better than nothing

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KILGALES2

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KILGALES6

A lot of kinks in the line as it heads towards ILX. Should be a couple areas of intense wind within that line, along with isolated spin ups. Especially looking at southern Mason County, central Menard, and northern Sangamon.

The most significant is headed towards Easton and San Jose, IL.

Archived