• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread

IrishRob17

Looks like I hit -5 last night!! Currently sitting at 2.7. Wow!

Edit - MBY had only -0.3, the -5 reading is from KPOU which is about 3 miles north of me...

Still, very impressive radiational cooling.

We had some clouds move in right around the time of my low based on the obs from SWF which is a reason I would think that it didn't go lower. I don't always trust the KMGJ obs as they showed clear all morning but I can see the overcast.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I hit -5 last night!! Currently sitting at 2.7. Wow!

Edit - MBY had only -0.3, the -5 reading is from KPOU which is about 3 miles north of me...

Still, very impressive radiational cooling.

My low this morning was 11. You guys cooled down nicely,

When I got in the car it said 7* but as I went through the hollow at the bottom of my hill it went down to 0*!

Not surprising...the low in town here was 13.7F but I'm sure some of the frost hollows in the woods behind my house, which reach an elevation over 400', got well into the single digits. The difference in snowpack retention in the woods is also incredible: there's nearly 18" back there while around town it's more like a foot snowpack.

Wow, I wonder why you didn't drop further? Clouds move in sooner, winds kept up? I'm sure that you sat up all night constantly monitoring your backyard conditions :P

Yeah sure :lol: I was out around 9:30pm and it was clear but still breezy.

I checked the station at the 911 center and their low was 12F so something stopped the drop in this area.

We had modest LES bands in and out all night. 0.6 of an inch dusting. So that didn't allow it to get below 10F.

I drove down to Kingston this morning and noticed the trees covered in hoar frost in places where it must have got quite low.

Yeah sure :lol: I was out around 9:30pm and it was clear but still breezy.

I checked the station at the 911 center and their low was 12F so something stopped the drop in this area.

–5F again this morning at Dutchess County Airport. I got some pictures of the Hudson River completely frozen over that I posted in the relevant thread, if anyone's seen it (in the NYC forum).

Hey Julian, post it over here, this is the HUDSON valley thread :P Nice pics!

Archived