The Hudson Valley Thread

IrishRob17

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm What the heck happened? I was on eastern a few minutes ago, I read Rob's "Catch you on the other side" post. I replied where are you going? I then seen a post from Randy that said something about a new site (this one). I loaded the url, I had to sign up again and here I am. Eastern now failsto load, what did I miss???

Hmmm What the heck happened? I was on eastern a few minutes ago, I read Rob's "Catch you on the other side" post. I replied where are you going? I then seen a post from Randy that said something about a new site (this one). I loaded the url, I had to sign up again and here I am. Eastern now failsto load, what did I miss???

Looks like Eastern was taken down earlier then expected... Hopefully everyone can find their way here..

If eastern comes back up you can read more about it but from what I gathered Marcus is pulling the plug on the board and won't turn it over to anyone else. It was supposed to get locked down at midnight tonight and be read only for a few weeks and then poof.

After a low of 24 here I'm sitting at 60 right now.

If eastern comes back up you can read more about it but from what I gathered Marcus is pulling the plug on the board and won't turn it over to anyone else. It was supposed to get locked down at midnight tonight and be read only for a few weeks and then poof.

After a low of 24 here I'm sitting at 60 right now.

drama lol

I didnt check my low last night but suspect it was in the 20's. Last night was a perfect rad cooling night with crystal clear skies, no wind.

If anyone has email contacts for the others in our group please let them know about the new place

It's total BS the other board went down so fast. I don't have any other emails, hopefully they will find out via Dabenchmark or by Googling 'what happened to eastern weather' (I believe that will work based on what I saw on Dabenchmark)

It's total BS the other board went down so fast. I don't have any other emails, hopefully they will find out via Dabenchmark or by Googling 'what happened to eastern weather' (I believe that will work based on what I saw on Dabenchmark)

I hit 25F last night, Josh posted in off topic that Marcus will turn the forum back on as read only for a while. The bigger issue is the loss of all that weather data, hopefully he'll let the DB be copied over here for historical purposes. It would be great and needless loss if it’s thrown in to the bit bucket

Great to see you fella's here. Hopefully we'll see some more folks show up in the coming days. I'm concerned about the folks who only went to the board only when there was a storm or just during the winter months.

Hopefully most will eventually find this board through googling. 27 for a low here this morning.

Its too bad the board had to end like that cause unfortunately we probably did lose a few people for good.. Its sounds like alot of drama was going on behind the scenes for quite a while.

Hopefully stuff like Yahoo Answers will help (that's how I found this board). It is a shame that Marcus can't just simply put a link to this board on the EasternUSWX board message, so anybody wondering what the heck is going on, can simply just follow a link to here. I am sure once things calm down, he probably will.

Hopefully stuff like Yahoo Answers will help (that's how I found this board). It is a shame that Marcus can't just simply put a link to this board on the EasternUSWX board message, so anybody wondering what the heck is going on, can simply just follow a link to here. I am sure once things calm down, he probably will.

Hey Ya'll

Hope they can patch things up, life is too short. I guess we will make this home for now.

Glad to see all you HV guys found this new locale also. I think most people will find their way here because most of us use other social networking things like Facebook, etc. I found out on FB from a few guys. Dropping like a rock here after a day in the high 50s.... ...down to 34.

High of 59.8 today. Hopefully last yard clean-up tomorrow......A few of my oaks are reluctant to fully shed there leaves.

Glad to see all you HV guys found this new locale also. I think most people will find their way here because most of us use other social networking things like Facebook, etc. I found out on FB from a few guys. Dropping like a rock here after a day in the high 50s.... ...down to 34.

Glad to see you here too! :)

Good to see you made it here Rick! 40 down here now in the valley.. Radiating well here.

I topped out @ 58F and a low of 27F this morning. I cut the grass with my lawn tractor and mulched the lawns on the lawn. I have one tree with about 30% left on the tree and another big sucker with ALL still up on the tree. They're both flowering trees and hold their leaves until the bitter end every year so I still have a few more weeks of mulching left. I hope they both drop by Thanksgiving or else its going to get messy with wires on the ground for xmas lights.

Glad to see most of the crew has made it, I think we're missing NYWEATHERMOM ?

I topped out @ 58F and a low of 27F this morning. I cut the grass with my lawn tractor and mulched the lawns on the lawn. I have one tree with about 30% left on the tree and another big sucker with ALL still up on the tree. They're both flowering trees and hold their leaves until the bitter end every year so I still have a few more weeks of mulching left. I hope they both drop by Thanksgiving or else its going to get messy with wires on the ground for xmas lights.

Glad to the most of the crew has made it, I think we've missing NYWEATHERMOM ?

Yes, haven't seen her on here yet... hopefully she figures out our new home.

I have almost all the trees drop their leaves now, so I am going to get out there tomorrow and rake up the remaining leaves and clean things up.

Well I'm screwed at work unless the phishing issue gets resolved :axe:

That sucks.. I appear to be able to get through via my work computer. Not that it matters too much as i typically work from home and have my personal computer up and running in the study.

12Z Euro looks very interesting if you extrapolate beyond 240 hours... I like the look of the pattern - Ridging in the west developing, very low heights dropping into the upper midwest, NAO becoming west based...

Archived