The Hudson Valley Thread

IrishRob17

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frustration and anger likely i know, but I may stay up for the euro tonight... It will be good to get the first brutal disappointment (the feeling of "why the heck did i just stay up for that?") of the season out of the way....ha ha!!

:lol: I'm not loseing sleep over this yet .

Seen a report earlier today from law enforcement in West Milford NJ of one fatality one injury, tree fell on car.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

1247 PM EST WED DEC 1 2010

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

PASSAIC COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...

ROCKLAND COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...

ORANGE COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...

UNION COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...

ESSEX COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...

BERGEN COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...

HUDSON COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...

* UNTIL 145 PM EST...

* AT 1242 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

LINE OF HEAVY SHOWERS AND EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF

PRODUCING DESTRUCTIVE WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE

LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 14 MILES SOUTHWEST OF MILFORD

TO 20 MILES WEST OF HOPATCONG TO 17 MILES NORTHWEST OF

SOMERVILLE...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.

* HEAVY DOWNPOURS WITH THIS ACTIVITY WILL RESULT IN DAMAGING WIND

GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH.

2pm temps, KMGJ 62F wind from the south, KSWF 61F wind from the south SE

private station at Montague, NJ (east of Milford PA) temp 43F wind NNW

OCESC in Goshen look at this drop with winds NNW

HIGH 62°F at 13:55

LOW 51°F LOW 51°F at 14:09

I'm home today so I could watch the temp drop 17 degrees in an hour or so from what I remember (I was cyber shopping with my wife so I could be a bit confused ;)

checked my rain gauge last night but it was frozen. I think the temp drop yesterday is going to be the most exciting thing that happens for awhile around here..

I don't know why each year I'm still amazed at the amount of people living model to model run tracking storms that are always 200 or more hours away.

I know. I guess it is an easy trap to fall into especially when the weather is benign. The way I see it, is all you can really do is look at the pattern at 500mb to see how things might potentially line up. Any analysis at the surface beyond 96 hours starts to get pointless.

Snow is diminishing to flurries here now. LES that has been affecting us seems to be falling apart for now. 3 inches fell overnight though a lot will blow away in the fields here. 20F.

I had the lightest of dustings on my car at home but as I drove into Middletown early this morning there was a decent coating with a few fender benders.

I had the lightest of dustings on my car at home but as I drove into Middletown early this morning there was a decent coating with a few fender benders.

Dusting by me as well, hit light to mod snow from Harriman to Nanuet on the thurway a few inches on the ground in spots, lots of accidents delayed 45 minutes. I exited the thruway in rockland, went two blocks and no snow on the ground. Its very localized.

Dusting by me as well, hit light to mod snow from Harriman to Nanuet on the thurway a few inches on the ground in spots, lots of accidents delayed 45 minutes. I exited the thruway in rockland, went two blocks and no snow on the ground. Its very localized.

I went thru Highland Mills and had a moderate snow shower around 5:30 am (near the Woodbury Commons) it was localized there too with a dusting on the ground. I was lucky to make it thru before the traffic got messy.

Hey guys :) Finally found my way over here.

Yesterday morning was fun eh! I got about a half inch in just a few minutes and the roads went to ****. Of course I had the winter tires all ready to go on the car but couldn't find the right lug nuts for those wheels so I went slip sliding away to work. Managed to steer through a bunch of spinouts on Rt 6 on the way out. Welcome to another HV winter!

Archived