The Hudson Valley Thread

IrishRob17

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep, the GFS southern energy is moving quite quickly here.. It is definitely ahead of the euro at this time.. Hour 51 shows the vort exiting TX. The northern stream coming down the back side of the trough looks like it is further back, as the ridge is more pronounced..

Edit - The 12Z euro at 66 still had the southern s/w in TX - GFS now has it in MS... Starting to align and interactive the energy dropping down from the north now.

yep, the GFS southern energy is moving quite quickly here.. It is definitely ahead of the euro at this time.. Hour 51 shows the vort exiting TX. The northern stream coming down the back side of the trough looks like it is further back, as the ridge is more pronounced..

it looks like the energies are gonna phase well on this one, right? at 18Z, the pieces were still distinct and apart... they seem to be coming together now

At 63, the southern energy has been absorbed into the Northern Stream and the trough is now starting to dig as the northern energy streams down.. Amazing PNA ridge again here!

yea, check out the orientation of the height lines along the east coast now.. I think this baby may come up close the coast this time.

So do you buy the faster progression of the southern energy that the GFS/NAM are depicting?

hmmmm.. i don't know... that's a tough one. with the trending and the consistant euro.. i'd lean close to euro, but it's really a tough one..

for some reason the chat thing doesn't work for me in the radio web page, even after signing in

hmmmm.. i don't know... that's a tough one. with the trending and the consistant euro.. i'd lean close to euro, but it's really a tough one..

for some reason the chat thing doesn't work for me in the radio web page, even after signing in

It really is tough to call. If the euro holds again tonight, I will be amazed. But we were in this position last night, so we know it is possible. Perhaps the euro is just handling the various areas of vorticity so much better than than all of the models.

hey TJay.. how are you? Yea... I wanted to hang out a place a little more quiet today. :thumbsup:

On Vacation for the holidays! So I am GOOD until I get a call :arrowhead: How are you?

Hey if you, Radders, Rob and the rest of the guys are going to do model disco in here I'm in :thumbsup:

On Vacation for the holidays! So I am GOOD until I get a call :arrowhead: How are you?

Hey if you, Radders, Rob and the rest of the guys are going to do model disco in here I'm in :thumbsup:

nice.. enjoy your vacation! I'm actually going to go to sleep. I'm so exhausted... don't think I can keep myself awake another hour and a half... but I'll try to hang here for a while tomorrow too.

ahh ok.. i subscribed for a whopping 1 day and cancelled and went to storm vista right after. I thought accu would come out quick, but it didn't

I was a charter sub in accuweather pro but I canceled it years ago, the euro was pretty bad on their site back then. In hind site I should have keep it because my renewal rate was $99 a year even when they rasied it up to $200+ :arrowhead: .

Goodnight Tornadojay. Thanks for your posts tonight.. It is nice to have a Met in here to bounce some thoughts off of. The Tombo NYC/PA play by play can get a bit insane sometimes!

Thanks! No problem... glad to be in here... you know your stuff too! If I have trouble sleeping and the Euro is in progress, I'll come back.. otherwise.. good night.

Archived