Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that, it's got to be horrendous near the water.

I can attest to that. I live on the water. And work above the water (I'm in a drawbridge control tower in the middle of Curtis Creek at the moment.)

I've never experienced weather this suffocating.

Went outside for a brief walk to experience the agony first-hand. A decent mod CU way off in the distance to the NE. Looks like there's a few decent mod CU on satellite near Balt. City and southern Balt. county.

Its clouded over a bit in the city. I face NW though, so can't see what you are describing.

btw, regarding the question I asked about HI, I see baltamore already answered that question in their afd this morning. It's a shame they don't keep records on it but it is a rather subjective thing since it's only a guess more or less on how hot it feels and not an actual definite number. HI of 120 could feel like 130 to some.

At noon, there are quite a few stations reporting HI"s around 120 or even above. Now warrenton is up to 126. Regardless, I'm blown away by the heat you guys are experiencing. I guess if it's going to be hot, it might as well be record breaking.

we are going to be fine...absolutely baking now....can't rule out a quirky wind shift, but I'd be stunned if we aren't at least 100 at next OB

im heading home from my 2 hour work day that i spent posting here. time to sweat.

we are going to be fine...absolutely baking now....can't rule out a quirky wind shift, but I'd be stunned if we aren't at least 100 at next OB

Agree, should be triple digits.

im heading home from my 2 hour work day that i spent posting here. time to sweat.

It is funny, went for a quick walk a few minutes ago. The initial blast is hot, but because I was bracing for it, it was ok. But after about two minutes it just seemed warmer and warmer. Really feel for the outside workers today.

Almost forgot, while we are not really in the running for a new all-time high temp at DCA, the chase is on for the hottest average on record.

Washington Area (ThreadEx Station)

Extremes

Highest Daily Average Temperature (degrees F)

Days: 1/1 - 12/31

Length of period: 1 day

Years: 1872-2011

Rank Value Ending Date

1 93.0 7/6/1999

2 92.0 8/6/1918

3 91.5 7/5/1999

4 91.0 7/24/2010, 7/7/2010, 8/8/2007, 8/3/2006, 7/21/1987, 7/16/1980, 7/20/1930

103°F would be a tie.

Archived