Newest Member
    Toothache
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IAD at 97 still... f*cking PATHETIC!

I guess you want to be on the north edge of the upper ridge for highest temps. My sample of hottest streaks mainly had the ridge further south.

it's true. heat is so much more unbearable in the cities (whether DC or NYC, the urban environment just makes it much, much more oppressive, IMO... perhaps because the stench of misery is just omnipresent).

LICKED BY A BIG SWAMPY MONSTER = biggest bag of WTF EVER

"After being outside for 10 minutes, it feels like my balls are resting in a bowl of warm ranch dressing".

How's that for some kickass metaphor?

At least I didn't have to go there..

Yea i commented earlier on how fdk could challenge that state record.

The NWS will probably refuse to certify it, even though there was absolutely no quality control on temp records back in the 30s, when many of them were set. Many have been questioned and are dubious at best. Baltimore Inner Harbor was at 104 at the top of the hour. It's interesting to note that a lot of the old records were taken in cities, often on rooftops. I know Baltimore's was on the rootop of the Commons downtown for a long time.

The NWS will probably refuse to certify it, even though there was absolutely no quality control on temp records back in the 30s, when many of them were set. Many have been questioned and are dubious at best. Baltimore Inner Harbor was at 104 at the top of the hour. It's interesting to note that a lot of the old records were taken in cities, often on rooftops. I know Baltimore's was on the rootop of the Commons downtown for a long time.

Yeah, I was sort of surprised (but maybe shouldnt have been) to see that Balt has more 80+ lows than DC. And they are basically flipped in when they occurred.. the vast majority of Balt's were before it moved to BWI. I guess that should be comforting to think that maybe it's not as uncommon as it seems.

You are probably right, but the current record is shared by Frederick (from 1936), so it's not out of the rhelm of possibility

You realize that concrete/asphalt is more widespread now than it was in the 1910s-1930s, too, right?

Archived