Newest Member
    joxey
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lack of rain + high heat =

That's amazing. I cut my grass a week ago today. It is high again, but its too damn hot to worry about it. But its green and lush.

Had a t'storm a few hours ago that knocked the temp back, temporarily. My VPS, with a good siting in the center of a large lawn, shows 89/78 right now. All one needs is to step outside to confirm it. Nasty.

That's amazing. I cut my grass a week ago today. It is high again, but its too damn hot to worry about it. But its green and lush.

Had a t'storm a few hours ago that knocked the temp back, temporarily. My VPS, with a good siting in the center of a large lawn, shows 89/78 right now. All one needs is to step outside to confirm it. Nasty.

I am not kidding when I say my town sucks and never gets rain lol.

Still 94/74 = 105 here. Hot.

I think I've cut my lawn twice since June 1. It kinda needs it now, mostly due to the weeds that don't seem to mind the lack of rain.

I think I've cut my lawn twice since June 1. It kinda needs it now, mostly due to the weeds that don't seem to mind the lack of rain.

Different world out here this year. Precip totals for the "grass" season are as follows:

March: 6.09"

April: 8.78"

May: 5.52"

June: 1.88"

July: 5.68"

Different world out here this year. Precip totals for the "grass" season are as follows:

March: 6.09"

April: 8.78"

May: 5.52"

June: 1.88"

July: 5.68"

just in from mowing the weeds and crabgrass on the mountain roads out here. two different world between by home in boyce which is brown and burnt mowed twice since may and just weeds. Plush and green here in WV with amazing growth on all the plants.

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

0127 AM EDT SUN JUL 24 2011

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE AND RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT WASHINGTON NATIONAL DC...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 102 DEGREES WAS SET AT WASHINGTON NATIONAL DC YESTERDAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 101 SET IN 1991.

A RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 84 DEGREES WAS SET AT WASHINGTON NATIONAL DC YESTERDAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 81 SET IN 1978. THIS HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE ALSO TIES THE ALL TIME RECORD FOR HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR WASHINGTON NATIONAL. THE OLD RECORD OF 84 DEGREES WAS LAST SET JULY 16 1983.

Rack up another 95+ at DCA. 96 at 1pm.

Only 89 on the home station. With no sun and some decent wind, it doesn't actually feel all that bad.

yea some clouds and probably some outflow around from little popcorn storms could be partially to blame. Be the first to put out numbers for the next contest I made?

This is a summer where the urban heat

islands are magnifying their own conditions.

Hence Newark at 108 degrees and DCA remaining tropically soupy all night.

These cities need more rooftop gardens.

Its urban spraw thats busting up our high low records. Heat islands from hell baby . Simple science when you really think about it . I agree with you . We need less something that assorbs heat .

Archived