joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record today is 101 at DCA, so attainable.

Need to average 84 from here on out for the record, including today. Not out of the question, but that is a high number. We'll have a few days that are more like 80 early in the week before the next wave hits.

it is a tough record...need next weekend to kill it...also will help if early/middle week we maintain mins of 73-75

I've lived in MD since 72 and this wave is pretty impressive considering the size and scope. Looks like an very short lived break early next week before climbing back into the mid to upper 90's.

Potentially the hottest July on record huh? I'm probably going to have a stroke when I get my electric bill in a couple weeks.

it is a tough record...need next weekend to kill it...also will help if early/middle week we maintain mins of 73-75

The bigger we go tomorrow will help too, obviously. Both raw and MOS GFS are back up to 99, and raw NAM has been consistent around 95. The MOS MET (NAM) is only 91, but has been too low most of the times that I've looked at it lately.

I've lived in MD since 72 and this wave is pretty impressive considering the size and scope. Looks like an very short lived break early next week before climbing back into the mid to upper 90's.

Potentially the hottest July on record huh? I'm probably going to have a stroke when I get my electric bill in a couple weeks.

Our billing period ended Thursday, I think. Very much in line with last year, a few less kwh, but a few more dollars.

Im guessing BOS was on a west wind downslope.. that's when the big torches occur at Logan. In this airmass and the lack of clouds up there im not surprised

Yeah same thing here-- west or northwest wind makes us hotter than the city even though we're close to the Ocean. It was 104 here yesterday and 102 so far today with overcast skies-- who knows how hot it would have been today had it been a mostly sunny day!

Statement as of 2:29 PM EDT on July 23, 2011

... Record high temperature set at Kennedy NY...

a record high temperature of 102 degrees was set at Kennedy NY today.

This breaks the old record of 100 set in 1972.

Yeah same thing here-- west or northwest wind makes us hotter than the city even though we're close to the Ocean. It was 104 here yesterday and 102 so far today with overcast skies-- who knows how hot it would have been today had it been a mostly sunny day!

Statement as of 2:29 PM EDT on July 23, 2011

... Record high temperature set at Kennedy NY...

a record high temperature of 102 degrees was set at Kennedy NY today.

This breaks the old record of 100 set in 1972.

I need to create a thread for the microclimates of this area lol. Took me about 3-4 months to understand Maine, now I have the mid atl.

It's not a BS ob thanks.

York is at 96/72 so it's not bs.

I imagine he's objecting to the DP. None of the regional sites are up near 75. York is on the high side at 72. Personal weather stations (see thread in NYC forum) have a high DP bias. Mine is currently reading 77, but I don't post it because I know it is BS - both due to the instrument and the siting (right next to a garden).

I imagine he's objecting to the DP. None of the regional sites are up near 75. York is on the high side at 72. Personal weather stations (see thread in NYC forum) have a high DP bias. Mine is currently reading 77, but I don't post it because I know it is BS - both due to the instrument and the siting (right next to a garden).

I already calibrated mine and local stations nearby are reporting about the same. Dew is back to 72 now.

96/72 = 106 currently.

I need to create a thread for the microclimates of this area lol. Took me about 3-4 months to understand Maine, now I have the mid atl.

The local TV weather people still dont get it lol-- they're always stuck on the old -- NW snowier, less snow on Long Island, inland hotter in the summer, the further east you go the cooler in summer, warmer in winter bla bla bla lol.

So does that mean my current OB of 43 is probably a little high - more like 39?

:lol:

Archived