Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What is worse weather in the summer?

Thunderdude

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is worse weather in the summer?

• Extreme heat with temps 95+ and dewpoint 70+
    • Cold raw rainy days with Noreaster like systems and temps 55-60 F
    • Back door cold fronts bringing drizzle and fog with East winds and cooler temps
    • Droughts
    • Other

I created this poll because I think to see what everybody has to say. I choose option 2 believe or not with droughts coming in 2nd along with back door cold fronts too. I can't stand having a cold stand having cold rainy days with East to Northeast winds and having Noreasters where temps for hovering near 60 F during the day time in the summertime. Noreasters really belong in the cold season which includes the late fall and of course winter. I think we had a few of them in the summer of 2000, 2009 and any others probably that I can't think of right now.

Have we ever been 55-60 in the summer?

I choose that, I couldn't imagine it being that cold. Could get sick easily after being used to the normal 80's & 90's.

It has happen actually remember on August 20, 2007 the high in NYC only reach 59 F and it was cool rainy raw day with E to NE flow and I think it was from a Mild Noreaster. Noreasters happen very rarely in the summertime. Usually mainly in later August. Remember in early June of 2009 there was strong Noreaster and temps stayed in the 50's.

Cold nor'easter in the summer? Disgusting, and akin to 70 degree warmth in January for me. Give me high heat/humidity over summer overcast rain any day.

Ditto for me, a tie between backdoor and cold noreaster - who needs em in the summer. Summer Aoril - Nov would be nice to me.

I created this poll because I think to see what everybody has to say. I choose option 2 believe or not with droughts coming in 2nd along with back door cold fronts too. I can't stand having a cold stand having cold rainy days with East to Northeast winds and having Noreasters where temps for hovering near 60 F during the day time in the summertime. Noreasters really belong in the cold season which includes the late fall and of course winter. I think we had a few of them in the summer of 2000, 2009 and any others probably that I can't think of right now.

Back-door cold fronts and nor'easters in summer are neck and neck for em in terms of weather I dislike. Give me a good Bermuda High anchored inland over the mid-Appalachians and I'm happy.

Back-door cold fronts and nor'easters in summer are neck and neck for em in terms of weather I dislike. Give me a good Bermuda High anchored inland over the mid-Appalachians and I'm happy.

I wondering when all the noreasters that occur in the summer months? As long we don't get any soon and until the cold season begins I will be happy because they belong in the late fall and winter months.

I wondering when all the noreasters that occur in the summer months? As long we don't get any soon and until the cold season begins I will be happy because they belong in the late fall and winter months.

A noreaster in the summer may happen like once every decade lol. Noreaster season ends in May and resumes in October.

Tell that to June 2009.

It also happen in July 23, 2009 I believe it was hybrid storm more but still was some kind of noreaster. I think there was another weaker hybrid storm in August at the end of month from remenants of a Tropical which I believe it was Danny. 2009 was probably the coolest summer I ever witness and I think that hellish summer of noreasters.

It also happen in July 23, 2009 I believe it was hybrid storm more but still was some kind of noreaster. I think there was another weaker hybrid storm in August at the end of month from remenants of a Tropical which I believe it was Danny. 2009 was probably the coolest summer I ever witness and I think that hellish summer of noreasters.

You can't include hybrids though because they're at least semi tropical-- so it's not a true cold core system.

That was a crappy summer....we had 10" of rain in both June and July. Both months were in the Top 10 coldest on record for Central Park, about 4F below average. Frost was observed in Nova Scotia in July, and Pennsylvania had its coldest July in over 110 years of records. That trough was associated with the development of a strong El Niño, however, so I don't expect the same this season clearly.

You can't include hybrids though because they're at least semi tropical-- so it's not a true cold core system.

Oops I didn't know that one. To me they believe similar to a noreaster except it is of course a bit warmer though. Noreasters are usually cold.

That was a crappy summer....we had 10" of rain in both June and July. Both months were in the Top 10 coldest on record for Central Park, about 4F below average. Frost was observed in Nova Scotia in July, and Pennsylvania had its coldest July in over 110 years of records. That trough was associated with the development of a strong El Niño, however, so I don't expect the same this season clearly.

Thank God and the warmest it got in June in Islip was only 81 F that year which was amazing. Nearly almost everyday highs never made out of the 60's in the first half of June in NYC and in Islip. The first 70 F or above for minimal didn't occur in NYC until late July. I wish that pattern happen in winter which where we would get all the snow storms and not get this hellish summer. It is also ruined the thunderstorm season too. I hope this summer doesn't go down like this with east winds and constantly being in the 60's for highs and a noreaster that occured on June 4, 2009.

Archived