• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Will DC?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Will IAD?

• yes
    • no

interesting in that the upper ridge is weaker than last week but the 850s are progged higher as of now. im not sure... it's hard to hit 100.. with mos at 98/99 already it seems like there's a decent shot.

i wouldnt dismiss it totally.. with the high center to the south we should have pretty favorable downsloping. i'd favor dca/bwi over iad for now. we seem to be good at big heat this yr.. wed/thur combo could equal/top last week's terrible twosome.

DCA ASOS up to 99 on the special Wunderground live feed... should be reporting 99 or 100 at the top of the hour.

Temperature:98.6 °FDewpoint:69.8 °FHumidity:39%Wind:N at 10.4mphPressure:29.92inPrecipitation:-in/hrDaily Precip.:0.00in

DCA ASOS up to 99 on the special Wunderground live feed... should be reporting 99 or 100 at the top of the hour.

Temperature:98.6 °FDewpoint:69.8 °FHumidity:39%Wind:N at 10.4mphPressure:29.92inPrecipitation:-in/hrDaily Precip.:0.00in

It's prob reading the rounded C figure.

BWI is the new FDK/JYO. They are always the coldest or warmest the last year or so it seems like.

BWI appears to have picked up a bias since the construction of the new Southwest terminal. (past couple years)

Others have taken notice also.

Last straw for me was last summer, (I think it was), when BWI spent a few record/near record days running hotter than Balto City. Don't recall seeing that before. And I've been here since it was Friendship.

Made news in CA too: http://wattsupwithth...c-or-asphaltic/

BWI appears to have picked up a bias since the construction of the new Southwest terminal. (past couple years)

Others have taken notice also.

Last straw for me was last summer, (I think it was), when BWI spent a few record/near record days running hotter than Balto City. Don't recall seeing that before. And I've been here since it was Friendship.

Made news in CA too: http://wattsupwithth...c-or-asphaltic/

Interesting, thanks for that tidbit. I just noticed the last few years how they have always been colder or warmer all the time than surrounding stations. and yeah when BWi is hotter than the city, something is defintely up about that.

What will it take for IAD to reach 100? DCA 105? It seems like IAD is always a few degrees behind

IAD seems to register cooler than other airports. I remember when IAD would beat BWI now it is the other way around, perhaps BWI is registering warmer for some reasons

my early read was better than my late read.. but if you value your forecast it's hard to forecast a record especially a big one. the signs were not all there imo... i guess the fact that it was so hot out west was a good indicator in retrospect as others did note.

Archived