joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 21-22 Midwest & Great Lakes Severe Threat

SEMIweather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z NAM keeps alot of precip in the warm sector throughout the day and has pockets of greater instability.

To me, it looks like the NAM barely gives much of Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin any convection at all. The convection today is focused mainly in Central and Northern Wisconsin, and tomorrow in Central Illinois. Thank goodness it's the NAM and has handled recent severe situations rather poorly.

The 12z NAM keeps alot of precip in the warm sector throughout the day and has pockets of greater instability.

Seems believable as that seems to happen around here on decent events. Lots of leftover activity from tonight may help to screw this whole setup up. Hopefully not, but I'm not as optimistic as I was last night.

NAM and GFS both have no cap and over 2000 J/kg of CAPE over Michigan tomorrow afternoon so it probably wouldn't take much forcing to touch off some late afternoon storms here tomorrow. Otherwise we'll be relying on the Illinois storms to track NE tomorrow evening.

No cap at all with moderate to high instability isn't necessarily good thing. It can create a convective mess. It's hard to get discrete and dominant supercells like that.

Yep you are correct...but let's face it this is Michigan, so we almost never get discrete/dominant supercells. I'd be perfectly happy with a multicellular/linear mode of convection & scattered damaging wind reports here tomorrow.

Yep you are correct...but let's face it this is Michigan, so we almost never get discrete/dominant supercells. I'd be perfectly happy with a multicellular/linear mode of convection & scattered damaging wind reports here tomorrow.

Your an idiot for wishing for damage from storms, I hope your roof blows off. Wouldn't that be cool?

Seems believable as that seems to happen around here on decent events. Lots of leftover activity from tonight may help to screw this whole setup up. Hopefully not, but I'm not as optimistic as I was last night.

I see nothing to be worried about at this point.

The 4km WRF, ARW, or RUC essentially have no early initiation issues.

We'll just have to watch and see if any disturbance trys to move through early to aide in convective development.

Your an idiot for wishing for damage from storms, I hope your roof blows off. Wouldn't that be cool?

I had two trees blow down on my property last June from separate svr weather events. Yes, it was a mess and costly, but I am still fascinated by svr weather. What we want or don't want won't matter at all to what mother nature will eventually provide on occasion, so we just need to be prepared and focus on the power of nature.

I had two trees blow down on my property last June from separate svr weather events. Yes, it was a mess and costly, but I am still fascinated by svr weather. What we want or don't want won't matter at all to what mother nature will eventually provide on occasion, so we just need to be prepared and focus on the power of nature.

Well said.

When push comes to shove, I doubt most of us want to be the one to suffer a lot of damage, but it's going to happen somewhere.

Cool dude. Based on your username I'm assmuing you go storm chasing sometimes...you think some of those storms are doing damge by any chance?

Of course I've seen houses completely ripped off their foundation from tornadoes. But storm chasing isn't about seeing the biggest tornado. It is about relaying your reports from the field to the meteorologists in the office to keep the general public safe. I would NEVER wish damage on anything.

After such shows on TWC and Discovery the influx of chasers do not stand by the original reason why we started chasing storms in the first place!

After such shows on TWC and Discovery the influx of chasers do not stand by the original reason why we started chasing storms in the first place!

personal fame? glory? the rush? 99% of folks would not chase storms if it was not "fun" just to "save lives"... dont pretend. ;)

personal fame? glory? the rush? 99% of folks would not chase storms if it was not "fun" just to "save lives"... dont pretend. ;)

Yeah, and there should be no shame in admitting it.

Unfortunately, there's certainly pressure from the media (and even a certain contingent of veterans, perhaps) to portray oneself this way, lest you be labeled a yahoo.

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OMAHA/VALLEY NEBRASKA

234 PM CDT SAT MAY 21 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN OMAHA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHEASTERN BUTLER COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEBRASKA...

SOUTHEASTERN COLFAX COUNTY IN NORTHEAST NEBRASKA...

DODGE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEBRASKA...

NORTHWESTERN SAUNDERS COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL NEBRASKA...

* UNTIL 300 PM CDT

* AT 232 PM CDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO 8 MILES

SOUTHEAST OF SCHUYLER...OR 22 MILES EAST OF COLUMBUS. DOPPLER RADAR

SHOWED THIS TORNADO MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH.

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

NORTH BEND AROUND 300 PM CDT.

OTHER LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THIS TORNADIC THUNDERSTORM INCLUDE

ROGERS...MORSE BLUFF AND 7 MILES NORTH OF NORTH BEND.

Archived