• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 21-22 Midwest & Great Lakes Severe Threat

SEMIweather

Still not sure on tomorrow and wont be until tomorrow morning.

From the pics I've seen so far, COD crew tornado northeast of Emporia was a nice, but skinny tornado.

In an ideal world, we get some of the leftovers from the MCS going through Central Iowa and it clears by early morning. Then we get enough daytime heating for storms to form ahead of the main front and energy, and also get a squall line or something to move through. That's probably not going to happen.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TOPEKA KS

1020 PM CDT SAT MAY 21 2011

KSC139-220400-

/O.CON.KTOP.TO.W.0017.000000T0000Z-110522T0400Z/

OSAGE-

1020 PM CDT SAT MAY 21 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1100 PM CDT FOR CENTRAL

OSAGE COUNTY...

AT 1015 PM CDT...EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO. THIS

TORNADO WAS LOCATED 5 MILES SOUTH OF OSAGE CITY...MOVING EAST AT 25

MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

LYNDON...MELVERN...POMONA LAKE AND QUENEMO.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

FOR YOUR SAFETY...GO TO A STORM SHELTER OR BASEMENT NOW!

LARGE DESTRUCTIVE HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF BASEBALLS IS ALSO LIKELY

ALONG AND NORTH OF THE EXPECTED TORNADO TRACK.

Topeka is EF0 (that was fast):

http://www.crh.noaa....=68541&source=0

Was just on the phone with our member who was hit by this tornado. He said as his neighbours were coming into his house to use his basement that's when the tornado hit. He said debris filled winds enveloped his house, the power cut, and they pretty much flew down the stairs in panic.

An absolutely crazy night.

SEARCH & RESCUE

05/21/11 21:47(READING - KHP B EVENT 3) UPDATE: KHP UNITS ARE IN READING, KS. ADVISING MAJOR DAMAGE IN TOWN AND SEARCH & RESCUES. [KAN004]SPECIAL

05/21/11 21:38(READING - SO&FD DISPATCH) THE TOWN OF READING HAS BEEN HIT BY A TORNADO. UNKNOWN INJURIES AT THIS TIME. [KAN004

The town of Reading, KS took a direct hit from a tornado, major damage being reported, search and rescue ongoing, command center being setup.

haha didn't realize this was you, still not completely sold yet. lingering convection could be a big problem, we'll see.

The worst would be if your area misses the convection, but then gets affected by the outflow boundary from the convection, cutting off the instability without giving you at least something from the convection. Happened here a couple weeks ago, better not happen again.:axe:

The worst would be if your area misses the convection, but then gets affected by the outflow boundary from the convection, cutting off the instability without giving you at least something from the convection. Happened here a couple weeks ago, better not happen again.:axe:

Sh*t happens. Oh well, I will go fishing or something. And got a big bulls game tomorrow night. I don't want to chase if it doesn't look good.

Sh*t happens. Oh well, I will go fishing or something. And got a big bulls game tomorrow night. I don't want to chase if it doesn't look good.

You're right, it does. However, I think this will be our last legit chance til mid June. The GFS is warm and dry over my area, and the Euro is cool, obviously giving very little chance of severe storms. Probably overreacting, but this feels like it will be one of the better chances.

Archived