joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it hit 85.7899997777 in ewr thats not a torch or a cold day.....

I think that was pretty much the conclusion, its a draw

look at famartins post on the region wide high temps, nothing special by any means and the airport thermometer at newark would have read 95 in a real torch.

I kept reading this headline as "nzucker".

http://news.yahoo.co...d_human_balloon

LMAO

Compressed air turns NZ trucker into human balloon

Email

Print

AP – In this Saturday, May 21, 2011 photo, New Zealand truck driver Steven McCormack gets treatment at Whakatane …

– Wed May 25, 5:14 am ET

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – A New Zealand truck driver said he blew up like a balloon when he fell onto the fitting of a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock and forced air into his body at 100 pounds a square inch.

Would like to see a long winter.

The last 2 winters have had big totals but basically only a 30 day winter,

95-96 please.

Its on its way. Big storms every month next winter!!! Metfan may never be able to leave his house till next June when it all melts.

For those of you with smart phones (iphone preferably), what weather apps do you use? I have radarscope which is awesome, but im looking for a local weather app. I had weatherbug on my blackberry but it seemed to have some problems sometimes.

I heard that JB thinks that this winter is going to be a blockbuster for the East. :snowman:

Well since he said that, expect seasonal snowfall totals in the 10-12" range and no big storms :guitar:

On a side note, after the last two winters, how much more blockbuster can we possibly get? I think our chances of seeing above average snowfall is pretty high, but thats not saying much. Eventually this streak has to end.

Lets hope he is right.:thumbsup:

The good thing is that the La Nina is fading away.

El Nino in 2012-13! That's my prediction. Neutral after la nina isn't so good for us :(

Anyone who wants a lot of snow should also be rooting for a lot of heat the previous summer. Although it doesn't always work out, more often than not, scorching summers are followed by snowy winters in our area.

El Nino in 2012-13! That's my prediction. Neutral after la nina isn't so good for us :(

Anyone who wants a lot of snow should also be rooting for a lot of heat the previous summer. Although it doesn't always work out, more often than not, scorching summers are followed by snowy winters in our area.

Yup 2010, 1993 and 1995 are perfect examples of this.

2001-2002 was neutral? I thought it was a La Nina.

Archived