• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

I hope this does not sound like a dumb question but with advance warning and tornado awareness being voice to the public why such a high loss in life down in the southeast? Seems like many took shelter and face a unfortunate outcome.

I think it was just a bad combination of things......storms earlier in the morning/night before that took out power and tornado sirens in certain areas, typical "it cant happen to me" attitude, monster storms......

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was just a bad combination of things......storms earlier in the morning/night before that took out power and tornado sirens in certain areas, typical "it cant happen to me" attitude, monster storms......

just a recipe for disaster, its shoken that most if those deaths where in a 24 hr period.

I am loving how next winter could set up as long as we arent completely neutral in the enso state.

I see plenty of blocking and arctic air but we need to have either a weak nina or weak nino so that we can keep storms coming across the states.

I am loving how next winter could set up as long as we arent completely neutral in the enso state.

I see plenty of blocking and arctic air but we need to have either a weak nina or weak nino so that we can keep storms coming across the states.

Funny how perception has changed. It used to be that everyone wanted a totally neutral winter, until 1989-90 and 2001-02 came around.

Booooooooooo!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown:

I really don't want a repeat of 2009-2010/2010-2011. One or two major storms, above average temps, not dropping below 20 at all.

Really? We had over 50 inches of snow in 2009-2010 and over 60 inches of snow this past winter.

SE ridge FTW devilsmiley.gif

JAMSTEC shows like 90% of the world having a colder than normal winter except the Eastern US....we are due for a stinker at some point, although I think things like the gradual warming of the ENSO regions, the developing -QBO, and the continued low solar activity bode well for Winter 11-12.

SE ridge FTW devilsmiley.gif

JAMSTEC shows like 90% of the world having a colder than normal winter except the Eastern US....we are due for a stinker at some point, although I think things like the gradual warming of the ENSO regions, the developing -QBO, and the continued low solar activity bode well for Winter 11-12.

Based on some of the long term analogs, it looks like we have a fairly decent shot at an el nino by Winter 12-13.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived