CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope thats not directed at me, if so tom im sorry if i pushed a bit to far. FWIW the temps have been between 85-90 the last two days i believe.....today the high was 86.....just seem crappy until that shower passed.

Tim, I was just teasing with that post, wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I guess I need to use more emoticons, lol. It's hard to convey sarcasm over the web.

I can't believe anyone is taking the back and forth between the heat mongers and cool crew seriously. Its summer, its slow, and its a banter thread.

And here comes earthlight to trounce all over me but he knows myself, sundog etc are playing.

Yeah when there's no weather to talk about what better to do than roast the hell out of each other. Even when there's weather happening. :drunk:

Yeah 1999 ended up being one of my top analogs for this summer...

That's a gorgeous H5 map, foaming at the mouth like I would a snowstorm, although a little less foam.

is this gonna be the big one? the signal is obviously strong now.. i think last year we peaked in early July in terms of heat, which is primetime to get 100 degree readings everywhere around here

is this gonna be the big one? the signal is obviously strong now.. i think last year we peaked in early July in terms of heat, which is primetime to get 100 degree readings everywhere around here

This is exactly when you want the big heat, as early to mid July has historically been the best time for 100+ temps! This is like what February is for big snow storms! Bring it on!

This is exactly when you want the big heat, as early to mid July has historically been the best time for 100+ temps! This is like what February is for big snow storms! Bring it on!

I'd rather have temps in the 90 to 95 degree range with sees in the 60s to get thunderstorm chances.

Its funny that if this was winter you would bash someone that posted a 10 day prog of cold/snow

the rules are different for heat I guess. It would be an automatic three day suspension for a 252 hour snow map.

Let the heat mongers brag about heat 2 weeks away, it will make them look that much sillier when it doesnt happen, just like this week.

Exactly what happen today with ur heat wave, all gone. No matter what time of the year a 10 day prog is a ten day prog. This is not last summer.

This is starting to look like a very normal summer temperature-wise for NYC metro with a slightly warmer than normal June, and most analogs pointing to a cool August. I'm not seeing any huge heat waves on the horizon, and aside from three days of utter torch in early June, this month has seemed pretty average here in Westchester. Plenty of cooler days in the 60s and 70s with some comfortable crisp nights as well as a few days of heat and the past two nights being on the sultry side.

• 1 month later...

Archived