Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do you post his garbage. As in winter take whatever he says and cut it in half. So someone in nyc area will have a 50 mph gust

Dude this is a banter thread, just having some fun. Lighten up, wow. I know this couldn't happen like this in winter & that the QPF is overdone. Oh and btw, I didn't once mention QPF, I mentioned track and strength.

Hey Long Island boys, wouldn't a euro track essentially pull a wall of water from the atlantic ocean all the way acroos the island into the sound? what is the highest elevation between the south and north shore on the western end, like 20 feet? I would think every town and city on the west end would be under water

Reports of super markets, convenience stores and hardware stores already sold out on part of the LI and jersey shore. Also gas lines being reported in and around Atlantic City. I wonder if those people realize they are going to have to fill up again before Saturday, LOL.

NAM makes a full landfall. We would eventually get some rain I think. Pretty much a non-event around here. NAM was the first to catch onto a lot of storms last year so this is likely the beginning of the west trend we have all been waiting for.

:arrowhead:

NAM would probably head NNE from there and pretty much right into LI.

We'll have an idea with from the DGEX hours 96-108.

Hey Long Island boys, wouldn't a euro track essentially pull a wall of water from the atlantic ocean all the way acroos the island into the sound? what is the highest elevation between the south and north shore on the western end, like 20 feet? I would think every town and city on the west end would be under water

Not a prayer. There are two separate ranges of hills between the ocean and the sound. The high point is just over 400 feet. Most of the island north of Route 27 is well over 20 feet.

Lots of info on LI floodplains here:

http://www.co.suffol...s/Sec_5.4.9.pdf

Most is confined near the immediate coastline, although there are some obvious places where storm surges could impact inlets and river channels.

nah, looks like a stall and rot. Would probably dump 40 inches of rain over parts of the SE. They would make up for three years of draught.

Not a prayer. There are two separate ranges of hills between the ocean and the sound. The high point is just over 400 feet. Most of thre island north of Route 27 is well over 20 feet.

Lots of info on LI floodplains here:

http://www.co.suffol...s/Sec_5.4.9.pdf

Most is confined near the immediate coastline, although there are some obvious places where storm surges could impact inlets and river channels.

So you are saying the day after tomorrow was not accurate?

That's what I was figuring too. Don't think it goes into NC directly to the NW and through the interior though I suppose that option would have to be on the table too. I remember thinking Hugo was going to head this way after hitting SC and it ended up near Buffalo

That's what I was figuring too. Don't think it goes into NC directly to the NW and through the interior though I suppose that option would have to be on the table too. I remember thinking Hugo was going to head this way after hitting SC and it ended up near Buffalo

If there is no second trough or it scoots by, that thing is going no where and would essentially rain itself out down there while we are 80 degrees and sunny.

the euro brings the center of the hurricane literally directly over my backyard :weenie:

post-6-0-88414800-1314219629.png

That means dry slot for you while AG3, Sundog, myself and anthony have tornados, 30 foot storm surge and 70 mph winds. Although I am sure you will somehow report 30 inches of snow out of this.

That means dry slot for you while AG3, Sundog, myself and anthony have tornados, 30 foot storm surge and 70 mph winds. Although I am sure you will somehow report 30 inches of snow out of this.

I've always wanted to be in the eye of a hurricane so I would take this over any destructive winds or rain.

Archived