CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't attack me in a banter thread dude, seriously. Did i say the models are trending? No, i said the euro has been behind the GFS as up until yesterday still had a wide LEFT track that is pretty much off the tables since no credible models show it. Fact of the matter is we are seeing wobbles left and right from hour to hour but concensus has absolutely shifted RIGHT in the last three days as a whole, and by a pretty significant margin since we were still looking at a SC/GA landfall as late as Sunday/Monday morning.

Nothing is "behind" until the event has verified. I'm not attacking you.

:hug:

Yup. Lots of crap.

NorEaster should never be mistaken for anything but a troll at this point. Here's a hint buddy - it's more effective when it's subtle.

And now we're posting the DGEX (for a tropical system?) and Steve D.'s thoughts? We must really be screwed then. :weight_lift:

Steve D's thoughts are fine, since its posted here in the banter thread.

Yup. Lots of crap.

NorEaster should never be mistaken for anything but a troll at this point. Here's a hint buddy - it's more effective when it's subtle.

And now we're posting the DGEX (for a tropical system?) and Steve D.'s thoughts? We must really be screwed then. :weight_lift:

all of that is fine and can be funny if its in here. And for the record, while I think the junk in the main thread in NYC is bad today, its not nearly as ugly as some other threads on this board, so actually I am slightly proud of us.

Yup. Lots of crap.

not only posting it, but lying about what is has been showing before it was posted. Terrible.

http://www.americanw...post__p__908084

Not a huge deal, but I always know what point we're at when posts like that start happening. lol.

Oh I agree. I woke up this morning to read the NYC thread to get updates and all I read was:

"I knew it; storm is going east"

"They always go east"

"Models are trending east"

"As I thought all along, the models have shifted east"

"enjoy the cloudy skies"

etc., etc., etc.

Only a few good posts out of dozens were posted.

Oh I agree. I woke up this morning to read the NYC thread to get updates and all I read was:

"I knew it; storm is going east"

"They always go east"

"Models are trending east"

"As I thought all along, the models have shifted east"

"enjoy the cloudy skies"

etc., etc., etc.

Only a few good posts out of dozens were posted.

Sounds like winter time.:arrowhead:

Only way anyone is seeing 100 mph winds is if they take a direct hit and get the eastern side of the eyewall. I don't see how the Jersey coast if they are 50-100 miles west of where the eye passes is going to get close to that.

http://www.americanw...post__p__908084

Not a huge deal, but I always know what point we're at when posts like that start happening. lol.

Regardless of what happens, in my lifetime these things have always been a letdown for this area. Floyd was a gust of wind and a bit of rain, it was a joke. That was a Cat 1 directly over NJ. Yes northern NJ got flooding.

I think the worst we've had in this area in the past 20 years was 2003's Isabel. Somehow that slammed into North Carolina and managed to get us up here.

Floyd wasn't as bad for south Jersey, but calling it a joke and saying it was just a gust of wind and a bit of rain makes you look very uninformed. Overall it is regarded as the worst rainstorm that NJ has ever seen. Widespread rainfall amounts of 8 plus inches in central and northern NJ (Somerville got over 13 inches), and some of the worst flooding this area has ever seen, particularly on the Raritan River, which devastated the towns of Manville and Bound Brook and got to its highest crest in those areas since the 1800's. While the winds weren't excessive, they still gusted to 50 plus mph in some areas, and the waterlogged soil allowed a lot of trees to come down and a lot of power outages resulted. We couldn't even drink tap water around here for I think a week because our water supply was contaminated by floodwaters.

Saying Isabel was worse for us in NJ than Floyd is just laughable.

Southern and coastal NJ were expected to get hit much worse than they did and those locations definitely dodged a bullet with Floyd. On the other hand the excessive rainfall was not supposed to be as bad as it was in Central NJ and obviously that will always be what people take away from that storm. Just shows how even 24 hours before a landfall its nearly impossible to predict what a hurricane is really going to do.

Floyd wasn't as bad for south Jersey, but calling it a joke and saying it was just a gust of wind and a bit of rain makes you look very uninformed. Overall it is regarded as the worst rainstorm that NJ has ever seen. Widespread rainfall amounts of 8 plus inches in central and northern NJ (Somerville got over 13 inches), and some of the worst flooding this area has ever seen, particularly on the Raritan River, which devastated the towns of Manville and Bound Brook and got to its highest crest in those areas since the 1800's. While the

winds weren't excessive, they still gusted to 50 plus mph in some areas, and the waterlogged soil allowed a lot of trees to come down and a lot of power outages resulted. We couldn't even drink tap water around here for I think a week because our water supply

was contaminated by floodwaters.

Floyd wasn't as bad for south Jersey, but calling it a joke and saying it was just a gust of wind and a bit of rain makes you look very uninformed. Overall it is regarded as the worst rainstorm that NJ has ever seen. Widespread rainfall amounts of 8 plus inches in central and northern NJ (Somerville got over 13 inches), and some of the worst flooding this area has ever seen, particularly on the Raritan River, which devastated the towns of Manville and Bound Brook and got to its highest crest in those areas since the 1800's. While the winds weren't excessive, they still gusted to 50 plus mph in some areas, and the waterlogged soil allowed a lot of trees to come down and a lot of power outages resulted. We couldn't even drink tap water around here for I think a week because our water supply was contaminated by floodwaters.

Yea, definitely have to agree there.. Floyd was one of the most significant weather events in my lifetime.. that is for sure.. at the time, I had just started my job a few months earlier in East Hanover, NJ... let me tell you, there was basically no route I could find to even get to the office.. every major route was completely flooded out.. I actually had to pull into a school and call a co-worker and ask how I could get to the office. It took me hours upon hours..

I'll pay AG3 5 dollars if he does a play by play of the JMA today, since we are doing a play by play of the NAM in the main Irene thread.

Lol.

JMA has better scores then NAM in this range.

That's how bad it is that a play by play is being done with the NAM.

Archived