CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of the problem is that evacuation plans had to be put into action well before watches were issued. When a hurricane is a Cat 3 four days before landfall and the worst case at that time is for a Cat 2 moving north at 30 mph straight toward NYC, over-preparation is almost unavoidable. Hard to change course in mid stream I imagine once those plans swing into action.

Yeah exactly. I just hope people realize he had to do it given the facts present.

But it was moving at 15 mph, and was a borderline Cat 1/Cat 2 as it approached NC coast. I think they could have suspended certain of the steps. No need to shut down transit system.

But it was moving at 15 mph, and was a borderline Cat 1/Cat 2 as it approached NC coast. I think they could have suspended certain of the steps. No need to shut down transit system.

I don't know what prompted that decision, but based on past recent history where the NYC subway system was brought to its knees by heavy rain (the predecessor heavy rainfall event well north of Hurricane Frances in 2004 and the flash flood/tornado event of August 2007), that could have had as much or more to do with heavy rain as with storm surge.

you people who dont like autumn are nuts.

smell of fireplaces in the air, football, hot apple cider, football, beatiful days and awesome sleeping weather nights, football, apple picking, football, closer to snow.....and of course football.

I love autumn. I dont get it either.

Now watch NYC get 2 more hurricanes, a tornado touchdown, and a 100" winter this year. :gun_bandana:

LOL....that would be awesome. I guess I will have to make some late-night, weekend drives home if the weather is going to be ridiculous.

Worried about missing friends and being alone at school, but I'll get accustomed. It's an easy trip home anyway, about 3.5 hours, will be coming home for the occasional weekend.

Archived