amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The past 2 years have been incredible -- record summer heat, 2 consecutive winters with historic snows, a post Christmas blizzard, an earthquake, Irene, and an excellent summer T-storm wise (at least for my area). I could personally go for another hurricane threat this season.

this ranks with the March 1960 to February 1961 period...

The past 2 years have been incredible -- record summer heat, 2 consecutive winters with historic snows, a post Christmas blizzard, an earthquake, Irene, and an excellent summer T-storm wise (at least for my area). I could personally go for another hurricane threat this season.

Agreed. Would be amazing if we can somehow get 1 more threat to seriously track.

Yesterday felt like the day after a snowstorm where you go outside & everyone sees what its lIke...etc.

The past few days really felt like winter watching the models & the active thread/etc...noreaster 27 whining & the storm being a bust for nzucker.

Good thing it's beautiful outside and not 20 degrees with a howling NW wind.

Yesterday felt like the day after a snowstorm where you go outside & everyone sees what its lIke...etc.

The past few days really felt like winter watching the models & the active thread/etc...noreaster 27 whining & the storm being a bust for nzucker.

haha very true! IT was pretty surreal leaving my dads house in western suffolk and walking out into the war zone. the entire neighborhood was outside checking out the damage.

It's weird but these kind of events bring the community together. people were helping others clear debri, borrow generators, borrow chain saws...and yet it was in the 70s and breezy.

please elaborate

Allow me to do so on his behalf. What he means is that when you are his situation where you have 9 generators, three sea walls (necessary even at his incredible elevation), and a fleet of servants to pump out his basement, combined with a magic force field which insulates him from all bad weather, the idea of having the mayor responsible for the largest city in the United States evacuate low lying areas prone to flooding from the atlantic, two rivers, and the LI Sound populated by people who tend to be economically less fortunate than he is just the dumbest thing in the world to him.

Allow me to do so on his behalf. What he means is that when you are his situation where you have 9 generators, three sea walls (necessary even at his incredible elevation), and a fleet of servants to pump out his basement, combined with a magic force field which insults him from all bad weather, the idea of having the mayor responsible for the largest city in the United States evacuate low lying areas prone to flooding from the atlantic, two rivers, and the LI Sound populated by people who tend to be economically less fortunate than he is just the dumbest thing in the world to him.

:lmao: :lmao:

Allow me to do so on his behalf. What he means is that when you are his situation where you have 9 generators, three sea walls (necessary even at his incredible elevation), and a fleet of servants to pump out his basement, combined with a magic force field which insults him from all bad weather, the idea of having the mayor responsible for the largest city in the United States evacuate low lying areas prone to flooding from the atlantic, two rivers, and the LI Sound populated by people who tend to be economically less fortunate than he is just the dumbest thing in the world to him.

:lmao:

:thumbsup:

Brilliant post.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't think he would hire you for a defense counsel.

I think the only thing the mayor did that was questionable was the early shutdown of the systems. Outside of that, the warnings and press conferences were necessary.

LOL

Don't think he would hire you for a defense counsel.

I think the only thing the mayor did that was questionable was the early shutdown of the systems. Outside of that, the warnings and press conferences were necessary.

Back in 2005 when the MTA went on strike it took 8 hours to put all the equipment away.

Back in 2005 when the MTA went on strike it took 8 hours to put all the equipment away.

Yup...the reason for the early shutdown wasnt overt caution, it was simply about time. 4500 buses and 6400 rail cars take a very long time to put away and secure properly.

Well, for all those analoging 1989-1990 for the winter maybe we'll get another epic November squall line event, followed by snow.

Let's hope this isn't a repeat of the 89-90 winter. Cold November/December that year but the rest of the winter was an oven. One of the largest pattern changes in history, along with Winter 06-07, but Winter 89-90 went in the opposite direction with a frigid beginning and then very mild conditions for the rest of the season.

I don't want to start the whole climate change argument, but it does seem as if we're witnessing an unrealistically large amount of extreme/severe weather events in a short period of time. Since when does NYC get hit by a hurricane and tornado in two consecutive years?

Most snowstorms haven't been a bust here....We got 13" in Boxing Day, 14" in 1/27, 14.5" in 1/12, 12.5" in 2/10/10, 26" in 2/26/10, and 8" in 12/19 /10. Most of those storms met or exceeded expectations although Boxing Day had a lesser snow total than progged, but more wind, and 12/19 was definitely marred by subsidence on the NW side of the Long Island mega-band. They were all entertaining events, however, much better than Irene.

Allow me to do so on his behalf. What he means is that when you are his situation where you have 9 generators, three sea walls (necessary even at his incredible elevation), and a fleet of servants to pump out his basement, combined with a magic force field which insulates him from all bad weather, the idea of having the mayor responsible for the largest city in the United States evacuate low lying areas prone to flooding from the atlantic, two rivers, and the LI Sound populated by people who tend to be economically less fortunate than he is just the dumbest thing in the world to him.

I don't have any generators, and I do all the housework myself since my parents work full-time, whereas I was only working like 30hrs/week on average last year. Please.

Also, I'm not saying Bloomberg shouldn't have evacuated places like Battery Park on the area around JFK. Suggesting people in Zone B to leave, however, was retarded. Public officials love the opportunity to do a bit of grandstanding when there's a storm threat, and this was the perfect chance for Bloomberg to remedy his image after the Boxing Day fiasco. And I'm genuinely grateful that our area was able to mobilize for a hurricane; in case there's a truly bad tropical storm next time, we'll know what to do. However, evacuating places like Anthony's area, or all of the towns south of Sunrise Highway, was an exaggeration. Also, there was no need for a hurricane warning, especially in interior areas of Westchester; it was never going to verify.

Nor a sense of humor, you insufferable jerkoff.

LOL....I know you guys are partially kidding with me, but I do get frustrated by people arguing with my essential point about the hurricane not verifying. I try to be light-hearted on these boards, but I think a lot of people have the wrong image of me as some ultra-privileged Westchester kid who doesn't care about property destruction....it's quite the opposite, I make 20k a year teaching school, I do a ton of gardening/clean-up of my parents' lawn, and I was extremely nervous about the hurricane. I'm glad it didn't ruin my vegetable garden! I'm glad my herb is still dry enough to be lit!

I do try to be brutally honest, I want people to trust my obs/measurements. I figured by calling Irene a bust I'd avoid being labeled a slant sticker.

But notice he does not deny having three sea walls, a fleet of servants, or a magic force field :whistle:

Our teachers' salaries allow us to hire NOT a fleet of servents, but an army! Get it straight Trials!

Also, the magic force field explains the 70" of snow I report every year, even 97-98. Upslope may not be physically possible on a 300' hill, but it can happen with the power of the mindpimp.gif

Dunno but at least we both agree the 'cane wasn't that bad.

Do we? There is a 40 foot tree draped across our deck inches from our house. Regardless of if it was as bad as "expected" (everyone has different expectations) it was still easily the most powerful storm I have witnessed in my life.

A large tree branch fell ontop of my bball hoop and broke it and a part of my fence.. :cry: I was fixing it all day.

the flooding looks catastrophic on CNN in parts of jersey. I also heard that damages will be over 1 billion. Thats impressive for a strong TS/Minimal cane!

Archived