Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So winter's done right? I mean Harrisburg's winter. We got nothing but rain yesterday.

Looks like a roller coaster coming up; there is JB's arctic shot April 10-15. I guess you can get flakes from that if it happens.

One thing you guys have on your side is downsloping, so even if it gets cold you can sometimes get a lot of sun. This time of year the sun is like walking around outside in the winter with a heater strapped to your back.

Also, I am putting out a Happy Zack watch for the rest of spring. Looking thunderstormy for April.

Nice shots, Zack.

I had no idea there were storms around last evening...all we had over here was a nice, gentle rain. Never once saw lightning nor heard thunder.

Thanks. Ya there was a stream of storms from Somerset county then down through my area then down to baltimore. It lightning and thundered for about 3-4hrs.

Nice shots, Zack.

I had no idea there were storms around last evening...all we had over here was a nice, gentle rain. Never once saw lightning nor heard thunder.

Thanks. Ya there was a stream of storms from Somerset county then down through my area then down to baltimore. It lightning and thundered for about 3-4hrs.

Nice shots, Zack, agreed. I am in the same boat as maytown, had no idea. All I had was less dramatic sleet/rain mix.

Looks like more opportunities for lightning shots tonight.

Yes!!!! first major severe storm of the year. I just hada severe storm roll through and dropped some dime-sized hail. The average size was pea size but definetely picked up some dime-pennie size hail :thumbsup: . The weird thing was the storm had virtually no wind but some CG's.

earlier the radar along the Pa/Ny border looked like there was some big time storms rolling through that area....

earlier the radar along the Pa/Ny border looked like there was some big time storms rolling through that area....

yeah it was quite a decent storm, we typically don't have many hail events here, well it seems like that anyhow. Hopefully you guys can see something decent pop up later today. I'm thinking the QPF amounts are going to bust high, unless the shield of precip strengthens later today.

yeah it was quite a decent storm, we typically don't have many hail events here, well it seems like that anyhow. Hopefully you guys can see something decent pop up later today. I'm thinking the QPF amounts are going to bust high, unless the shield of precip strengthens later today.

Looks like it has. That's a good looking precip shield: http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

Archived