Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got about an inch on the valley floor in town, almost 2" at the studios at 1,800'. Higher terrain should be 2-3" I would think.

Mike, I'm leery like you about the GFS. It's odd for it to be the farthest west model this close. Brings several inches all the way back to me tomorrow night. If things get going soon enough (south) tomorrow afternoon, it just might score.

Yea should be really interesting seeing how it pans out. I think the JST/AOO/UNV corridor probably has a good bet of seeing at the least the type of stuff being seen this evening anyways, but the potential is there for a more significant snowfall for sure.

JB put a new map out today, and for those who seen yesterday.. he pretty much doubled the amounts on the colors. Light 3-6", Dark Blue 6-12", purple 12+". Do believe this includes everything from the event now thru the coastal.

post-1507-0-52847500-1301534901.png

His maps and disco here: http://www.weatherbe...=blog_home_page

Yea should be really interesting seeing how it pans out. I think the JST/AOO/UNV corridor probably has a good bet of seeing at the least the type of stuff being seen this evening anyways, but the potential is there for a more significant snowfall for sure.

JB put a new map out today, and for those who seen yesterday.. he pretty much doubled the amounts on the colors. Light 3-6", Dark Blue 6-12", purple 12+". Do believe this includes everything from the event now thru the coastal.

post-1507-0-52847500-1301534901.png

His maps and disco here: http://www.weatherbe...=blog_home_page

Well if we get 4" from tomorrow evening through Saturday he will verify. Not a bad call I suppose! I'm really interested in the 0z runs of the GFS/GEM/Euro tonight, but I won't stay up for the latter two!

BIG Time downplaying on WNEP....3 or 4 inches in the Poconos....less than 2 everywhere else. Who knows though, could be right!

And that is the last ingredient for a NEPA snowstorm. :thumbsup:

I remember last year when we got the major snowstorm at the end of Feb...WNEP called for 4-6" the day before...we got 12"+, Poconos 24"

And that is the last ingredient for a NEPA snowstorm. :thumbsup:

I remember last year when we got the major snowstorm at the end of Feb...WNEP called for 4-6" the day before...we got 12"+, Poconos 24"

Last week's storm they had for a bare 1 to 3 and we ended up with almost 10..... Didn't Tom Clark see disgusted at the WSwatch?

GFS coming in a tad weaker and a tad colder through 36.

Yea, still manages a pretty nice precip shield for you and the rest of our eastern folks and its gets started pretty far south as well. If we can just wind this thing up some more could be really in business..or out of business if you've made the personal transition to a warm weather fan for the season. :scooter:

In other news, just sent in the report, snow total tonight of 1.5" here. Hopefully E-Spotter actually submits my report this storm.

I blame the fish and boat commission. Ever since they moved the first day of trout up two weeks, the first week of April have been getting colder and colder these past couple years. Two years ago between the air temp and wind, it felt more like deer season. This year it may as well be.

Haha, yea I forgot the southeastern part of PA opens up two weeks before everyone else. It can be hit and miss during mid-April with the regular season much less the beginning of April starting date. Last year the weekend of opening day here was 80 degrees on Friday and we had severe weather and a major front move thru sending the temps into the 30s/40s for opening day and Sunday.

And I just came across one heckuva observation researching last trout season weekend.. check this out for KAOO (Friday April 16th), certainly jogged my memory of the severe weather that occurred that day.

Wind Wind Speed 16 mph (West) Max Wind Speed 51 mph Max Gust Speed 79 mph Visibility 8 miles Events Rain , Thunderstorm

Source

Archived