ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hail pounded my windows this morning.

post-93-0-48573700-1300704173.jpg

Wow,. impressive Kim, congrats on the hail

LOUD thunder! Shaking the whole house.

Damn you hit gold with this system. We had a few rumbles and some good lightning and thats it. As usual it did the ole burg split, lol

All sun here in the burg now 45*

doesnt look like we're getting to near 70 today

Pre-frontal trough will move eastwards and put us in the almost-70 area probably. Same thing happened last week when we hit 80 (a 15-degree jump from 65 that DCA recorded at noon that day). 53 today at noon using the same numbers would put us at 68, so it's still possible.

This is nice, windows open, nice breeze, though it is mostly cloudy now.

Storms firing up nicely over northern WV, but it comes to the old question as usual, will it make it over the mountains

Made it to a high of 70 here today :thumbsup:

Just curious if you are seeing the same slow, jerky movement of the anaimated radars from WU? I see it in your attachment and when I go to their radar page. It used to always run through the frames smooth and quickly, but something changed in the last month. I see it on on both my old desktop and newer laptop at home.

Just curious if you are seeing the same slow, jerky movement of the anaimated radars from WU? I see it in your attachment and when I go to their radar page. It used to always run through the frames smooth and quickly, but something changed in the last month. I see it on on both my old desktop and newer laptop at home.

looks fine to me

Once in a while I will see that but on this one it looks to be operating just fine

Yes, but my local radar is still jerky. It may have to do with streaming video. My kids are watching it now, so I'm going to test it out later. We just became heavy users of streaming Netflicks...

that shouldnt affect the quality once it's downloaded. there are times when i get an error and it sticks on a frame and i have to refresh it but it sounds like memory or browser issues to me.

Fantastic thunderstorm this morning in Germantown, lightning-wise at least, was a nice thing to wake up to, although Zero wind, 30 second downpour. Those suckers were quite close though, made me jump a bit.

Meanwhile, still warming up? 73.3 now, highest for the day. A bit of a southerly breeze 10-15mph.

Archived