• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dave Tolleris says Tip will be in garage,windows up

Damage In Tolland

It was a dark drizzly early May day. Temps thruout SNE were in the low 40's..and there had been a freak late season snowstorm 2 days earlier which had been preceded by a cold snap which had killed all of Tips newly planted tomato plants. The forecast called for another noreaster with tree top roaring gusts over the still leafless trees.. A rather strange occurance for early May. Talk of the summer of 1816 had started circulating on the various wx boards that Tip frequents

As they head into the garage they hear the unmistakable sound of Comfortably numb coming from the car. Apparently it was burned onto a cd 20 times in a row.. As you can see from the video....sadly...he was gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY

lol. So Morbid, yet so funny.

His mom can't understand where that eerie music is coming from..playing over and over again. She finally stumbles into the garage and as she approaches the front seat of her Pontiac Sunbird... she finds him slumped across the wheel..with the laptop on the seat next to him tipped over partially in his lap..American wx is the only window open

His mom can't understand where that eerie music is coming from..playing over and over again. She finally stumbles into the garage and as she approaches the front seat of her Pontiac Sunbird... she finds him slumped across the wheel..with the laptop on the seat next to him tipped over partially in his lap..American wx is the only window open

When she opens the car door the music is deafening and a new, unused frisbee falls onto the concrete floor and rolls past her finally coming to rest at the base of a stack of "Stratospheric Times" neatly placed next to the recycling bin.

Hopefully its more like July 4, 1978

I was in the Poconos that day and the temperatures were in the upper 40's all day with light rain...62 was the max in NYC...1972 and 1979 had record cold the end of June and the beginning of July...NYC had a high of 69 with Sunny skies in 1979 which is unheard of...

Sounds like he's using that for Spring, which seems valid. Could be big problems for crops there, given this snowy and eventually flood prone pattern.

Using a Palmer drought index to formulate soil moisture and to predict future storm tracks in winter does not make sense . Using soil moisture it paints a different picture thus would change his tracks .42d4d0af-ec2c-e5f9.jpg

42d4d0af-ec3c-5c04.jpg

Great summary by DT. We really need him posting on these threads to counterbalance the "it's gonna snow next week" crowd.

Nice summary filled with lots of examples however I take long term forecasts with a grain of salt. I am not impressed by his posting model run after model run making absolutes and changing his thoughts every twelve hours, counterbalance the it's gonna snow mets? I think we have the best posting mets in the crew, silly to say we need DT to counter balance a bunch of hobbyists.

Great summary by DT. We really need him posting on these threads to counterbalance the "it's gonna snow next week" crowd.

I've had measureable snow every week of the Winter so they've been spot on!!!! While I always enjoy reading DT's thoughts his posting style was always abusive and combative. Can't say that I've missed his presence here.

Using a Palmer drought index to formulate soil moisture and to predict future storm tracks in winter does not make sense . Using soil moisture it paints a different picture thus would change his tracks .42d4d0af-ec2c-e5f9.jpg

42d4d0af-ec3c-5c04.jpg

Forgot DTs storm track based on soil moisture, as you can see from the maps I posted huge changes have taken place from Feb 16,does that mean his storm track changes?

It was a dark drizzly early May day. Temps thruout SNE were in the low 40's..and there had been a freak late season snowstorm 2 days earlier which had been preceded by a cold snap which had killed all of Tips newly planted tomato plants. The forecast called for another noreaster with tree top roaring gusts over the still leafless trees.. A rather strange occurance for early May. Talk of the summer of 1816 had started circulating on the various wx boards that Tip frequents

As they head into the garage they hear the unmistakable sound of Comfortably numb coming from the car. Apparently it was burned onto a cd 20 times in a row.. As you can see from the video....sadly...he was gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY

I like this version...

But to DT:

Archived