joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
6z GFS(Current Day)

Ji

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it so difficult to just ignore? Seems to be a lot of time wasted complaining about him posting a thread. There are a lot of threads I just don't click on

because I don't care for the person posting or the topic. Just scroll down.

No need for anyone to get worked up over this. There are more important things in life to be concerned about.

Thanks. Glad to have your permission to post an observation on a weather board on a throwaway thread during a dying winter.

And, for the record, I don't have any problem with you.

Your attitude says otherwise. I offered friendly advice.

Right. because I have such a long history of noting this. Whatever.

Ji for the win!

you seem to be taking this kind of personally. superthreads are cool for some but others just want to see something right away. i agree the thread was not chock full of analysis or anything but without all this side stuff it would just fall to the bottom of the page. i encourage people to start more threads overall, especially when it's quiet.

Fair enough. But it's tired advice that you parrot a lot. You could probably do with letting it go yourself.

Just some friendly advice.

Excuse me? WTF is your damn problem.

I am not the only person who has offered the "ignore Ji" advice. So if you had such a problem with, then I highly suggest you start treating everyone else who offers the way you are treating me now.

I'm pretty sure the issue is not that Ji created a new thread about one particular model run, it's that it was Ji who did it. Which is just stupid.

Wasn't going to chime in on this thread, but I will to say that, for me at least, it's not because Ji made the thread. I would have the same qualms about anyone making an identical thread... a bad thread is a bad thread. Ji just happens to do it quite often.

That being said, I don't really have a problem with this thread. IMO, it's a little preemptive to take the discussion of the "Looking Ahead" thread into a separate thread, but I did not report this thread. The post itself raises some legitimate thought and discussion, unlike a typical weenie/troll post.

EDIT: Something I might as well nitpick/troll while I'm at it... the thread title will be incorrect in about another 14-15 hours :P

Excuse me? WTF is your damn problem.

I am not the only person who has offered the "ignore Ji" advice. So if you had such a problem with, then I highly suggest you start treating everyone else who offers the way you are treating me now.

It doesn't have to be personal. I am not treating you in any kind of selective way. I understand how "ignore" works, and have used it often. I do note with some amusement that, again, the rules are selectively applied with some posters, and that the same said posters get some immediate defenders of the behavior. For whatever reason. I also note that no "rule" was broken with this stupid thread, so, fine. Off-hour GFS it is.

it's cool. It's dropped.

To anyone who parrots the same tired "ignore" advice, thanks. Had not heard or read that advice on here before. Fresh! Hadn't thought of that!

Back to the off-hour GFS discussion!

Wasn't going to chime in on this thread, but I will to say that, for me at least, it's not because Ji made the thread. I would have the same qualms about anyone making an identical thread... a bad thread is a bad thread. Ji just happens to do it quite often.

That being said, I don't really have a problem with this thread. IMO, it's a little preemptive to take the discussion of the "Looking Ahead" thread into a separate thread, but I did not report this thread. The post itself raises some legitimate thought and discussion, unlike a typical weenie/troll post.

It's just my opinion, people have made it well known to others that they do not care for Ji. I can only assume that regardless of the topic, since Ji started it... it's a problem.

It may not be the case everytime... but usually, it is.

It doesn't have to be personal. I am not treating you anyway. I understand how "ignore" works, and have used it often. I do note with some amusement that, again, the rules are selectively applied with some posters, and that the same said posters get some immediate defenders of the behavior. For whatever reason.

it's cool. It's dropped.

To anyone who parrots the same tired "ignore" advice, thanks. Had not heard or read that advice on here before. Fresh! Hadn't thought of that!

Back to the off-hour GFS discussion!

Again, the attitude is totally unncessary. Seriously, do whatever makes you happy. Ignore Ji, don't ignore Ji, complain, don't complain.

It's just my opinion, people have made it well known to others that they do not care for Ji. I can only assume that regardless of the topic, since Ji started it... it's a problem.

It may not be the case everytime... but usually, it is.

That's fair. I just wanted to clarify my position since I have been the one harping on Ji the most recently, and what you posted did not match my particular stance on the subject. Not to say your post applied to me in particular... just trying to prevent false assumptions.

That's fair. I just wanted to clarify my position since I have been the one harping on Ji the most recently, and what you posted did not match my particular stance on the subject. Not to say your post applied to me in particular... just trying to prevent false assumptions.

Thanks for clearing that up Mark. :P

I'm pretty sure the issue is not that Ji created a new thread about one particular model run, it's that it was Ji who did it. Which is just stupid.

probably...

No and No.

I don't care who starts a thread. I don't like doing it. We don't need two threads in one subforum for basically the same thing, looking ahead. We didn't have one, so I created one. I don't think I can delete the thread that I started, but I'm going to try. If I can't, maybe someone who has the authority will.

If Ji needs to start a thread every other day, one that is basically a duplicate of a thread that exists, just to get his "name in lights", fine by me. Just delete the thread that I started so that we don't have two.

The rest of you can argue by yourselves on it. I've said all I'm saying. But those of you defending having two, three, four, almost identical threads in the same sub forum don't have much of an arguement.

No and No.

I don't care who starts a thread. I don't like doing it. We don't need two threads in one subforum for basically the same thing, looking ahead. We didn't have one, so I created one. I don't think I can delete the thread that I started, but I'm going to try. If I can't, maybe someone who has the authority will.

If Ji needs to start a thread every other day, one that is basically a duplicate of a thread that exists, just to get his "name in lights", fine by me. Just delete the thread that I started so that we don't have two.

The rest of you can argue by yourselves on it. I've said all I'm saying. But those of you defending having two, three, four, almost identical threads in the same sub forum don't have much of an arguement.

If you had continued to read on, you would have saw what I said to Mark. It's just my opinion on it, and it's usually what happens. Maybe not everytime, and maybe that's not why everyone is complaining about whatever the thread is... but usually, it's cause it is just Ji.

I didn't mention names or point fingers, but thanks for clearing your issue with this thread.

If you had continued to read on, you would have saw what I said to Mark. It's just my opinion on it, and it's usually what happens. Maybe not everytime, and maybe that's not why everyone is complaining about whatever the thread is... but usually, it's cause it is just Ji.

I didn't mention names or point fingers, but thanks for clearing your issue with this thread.

Well, I made my issue with this thread plain early this morning. I don't give two ...... who starts the thread. But I'll stand by what I said ...... we don't need multiple threads that all do the same thing.

BTW, I was just addressing the idea that I had a problem with the thread because of who started it. That's not the case, and I wasn't coming after you or Ian either. I just wanted to be clear what my position was.

Also, I can't delete the thread that I started.

Well, I made my issue with this thread plain early this morning. I don't give two ...... who starts the thread. But I'll stand by what I said ...... we don't need multiple threads that all do the same thing.

BTW, I was just addressing the idea that I had a problem with the thread because of who started it. That's not the case, and I wasn't coming after you or Ian either. I just wanted to be clear what my position was.

Also, I can't delete the thread that I started.

I know, it's okay. I was attempting to be funny, but it's sometimes hard to read sarcasm over the net (NE BALT ZEN!)

I understand how it's annoying and worthless for Ji to start a thread about one model run and then offer no real analysis of it afterwards. But, isn't it even more worthless to make comments about it? Obviously, I'm guilty now of it too for posting in this thread.

I think it's funny how worked up people get. We are on a weather forum... Some people need to go back to third grade and learn to keep things to them selves. Personally, I like this type of thread! When i come home from work, i want to see what is interesting and intriguing, and i don't want to scroll through 40 pages of things i could care less about. But it that was an odd run.

mapgirl, you are right that it probably pointless and worthless for me to make comments on such. And I usually don't. And will return to not doing that in the future.

That's why I was so surprised at your comment about people telling you to "ignore". I thought maybe you were having a bad day. Hell, I'm having a bad day!

I think it's funny how worked up people get. We are on a weather forum... Some people need to go back to third grade and learn to keep things to them selves. Personally, I like this type of thread! When i come home from work, i want to see what is interesting and intriguing, and i don't want to scroll through 40 pages of things i could care less about.

Agree 100%

My G-d can we get to talking about the model run already! lol

North easterly winds after the front moves in would argue for us to have a chnace for snow so I'm not sure why the 0c line is stationary the whole time. Perhaps the low isn't bombing out enough, but then again a 1040 low building just north west of us would definately push colder air in. Another factor could be that the earlier storm (which brought in cold front) seemed to be stealing energy and keeping the precipitation in a north south precip shield. instead of the usual westerly orientated precipitation shield.

LOL @ the people who are upset about Ji's thread.

First off we are in sub forum, this is one of the whole ideas on sub forums to talk about weather current and past that affected this region.

Secondly, what the eff is going on around here wx wise right now? Nothing. It is a ton of fun to talk about the sun came up and then the sun went down. Thats a ball of fun to talk about.

Third, when there is weather going on, the most active posts are usually bumped or pinned to the top of the thread.

I created thus thread at 5am this morning. I just thought it was an unusual model run and posted some maps. If I'm going to troll and need to have my name in lights it sure isn't going to be at 5am

18z Gfs is similar

I created thus thread at 5am this morning. I just thought it was an unusual model run and posted some maps. If I'm going to troll and need to have my name in lights it sure isn't going to be at 5am

18z Gfs is similar

Wait... you didn't create this thread as an excuse for people to complain? Could of fooled me ;):wub:

18z Gfs is similar

I am not sure why people are going crazy over this. You put the latest model run not an old run like before.

Archived