wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 5th and 6-8 threats

tombo82685

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the dec 5th storm is going to be determined by the blocking. If its shown tonight on the euro, we have our first shot at snow, if its weaker further north has it.

going by the data you guys collected in the other threads about long range block verification on the models, it could be overdone by a alittle bit.

Considering how bad the GFS was with this cold shot I wouldn't trust it past 5 days for now...I think the Euro's pattern layout is a lot more realistic compared to what the 0z GFS spit out last night.

FWIW the 12/5 storm looks rather innocuous -- clipper or clipper plus type event. Keep your expectations realistic on this. ;)

Considering how bad the GFS was with this cold shot I wouldn't trust it past 5 days for now...I think the Euro's pattern layout is a lot more realistic compared to what the 0z GFS spit out last night.

Yeah the GFS is on crack, until it puts out something half way reasonable ignore it

The Euro/GGEM like the Clipper-- miller b solution, but the NAO crushes the storm before it can get going

JB is on board for a blockbuster in this period....I know you are all shocked he is on the extreme side of the equation...I am

Hasn't the last year featured several extremes in all types of weather in the mid - atlantic ? historic snowstorms - record heat waves ? Can't argue with JB on this one - EXTREME has been the norm this past year !

Archived