joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 5th and 6-8 threats

tombo82685

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z gfs sheers out the system and backs in a coastal storm into sne and new england. I would love to see what this storm looks like before the truncation Before the truncation happens the storm looks like its heading to the lakes, but i wonder how far it gets before it hits the block and where a 2ndry forms. On to the euro...

That's another one the GFS never gets going. Is that precip. snow in PA?

i only have access to 2m temps and 850s and thicknesses. There are most likely bl issues, thicknesses are running right around 546, in late nov thats a fail unless your in the pocs. The precip is lgt like .01-.1, hvy stuff is still sw. I don;t think it really matters much, cause i think if it were to go out another 6 hours the 850 temps would push past us. The lack of 50/50 low is allowing the se ridge to flex its muscles.

i only have access to 2m temps and 850s and thicknesses. There are most likely bl issues, thicknesses are running right around 546, in late nov thats a fail unless your in the pocs. The precip is lgt like .01-.1, hvy stuff is still sw. I don;t think it really matters much, cause i think if it were to go out another 6 hours the 850 temps would push past us. The lack of 50/50 low is allowing the se ridge to flex its muscles.

See the GFS is cold through the period. Maybe the Euro will catch on and have a colder storm.

Thing is though that the 00z GGEM may be laughable ..a couple things that may have to be considered..

Here is the 00z GGEM at 216

Here was the 12 Z ECM at 216

Pretty similar in there look. Difference is that the 12 Z ECM took that low out to sea and was weaker.

GGEM moves it more NNE ...and is deeper..

The other thing to potentially consider is that the GGEM is colder which would kind of lend support to the earlier ECM data as well as the GFS...and the GGEM alot of times in the cold season is the warmer model with a warm bias...

So at the very least i find it interesting.. considering that there have been alot of modeled changes with this potential or non potential event!

The key thing in all this is that the GFS, EURO, and GGEM all have some sort of storm. I think there's clearly a threat for our first wintry weather event in the D8-10 time-frame; whether it turns out wet or wintry is another issue, but the threat is definitely there. If anyone has noticed, the EURO and GFS have both turned significantly colder in the long-term as well... I think December should start with a bang.

Thing is though that the 00z GGEM may be laughable ..a couple things that may have to be considered..

Here is the 00z GGEM at 216

Here was the 12 Z ECM at 216

Pretty similar in there look. Difference is that the 12 Z ECM took that low out to sea and was weaker.

GGEM moves it more NNE ...and is deeper..

The other thing to potentially consider is that the GGEM is colder which would kind of lend support to the earlier ECM data as well as the GFS...and the GGEM alot of times in the cold season is the warmer model with a warm bias...

So at the very least i find it interesting.. considering that there have been alot of modeled changes with this potential or non potential event!

the thing i dont like about the ggem is after that storm goes by, we would most likely torch or get warm. Look at that +epo, that has basically cut off the cold air supply to canada.

the thing i dont like about the ggem is after that storm goes by, we would most likely torch or get warm. Look at that +epo, that has basically cut off the cold air supply to canada.

Tom just asking where is the cold air supply now? Everyone keeps talking about we need to get our snow in the next few weeks....or the pattern will go down hill......The pattern sucks now and does not looks to change..........I dont see how it can get any worse in january, then it is now.

huge lol at the 0z canadian for this event

http://www.stanford....0zPrecipGLB.htm

It's interesting to notice how every model run shows the storm, but each one does something completely different, and some of them do crazy things with it, like this GGEM run and the 00z GFS that keeps snow in the NE for nearly 100 hours. Also the GGEM seems to take the heavy rain event on Wednesday and instead of showing it leave the region, turns it into a strong retrograding low in the NE by hour 168 that I've seen no other model show.

Archived