Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 5th and 6-8 threats

tombo82685

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D10 looks like a setup for major cold D10-15 with the possibility of a major event coming with all the energy left over in the SW US.

yea, but i dont like how all that ridging out ahead of the system, The block is there but shifted east some. I wish it went post 240, cause i wonder if that system at day 10 could yield a 50/50 low... But yea their is a huge build up of cold air in canada, but thats in la la land right now

Would anyone say that the 12z ECMWF is a reasonable solution for this storm? I'm a little suspicious with how the GFS is handling this event, and the models are all over the place (like the GGEM which now looks like it has a GLC), so it looks like it will be difficult to get a clear idea of what this storm will do at least for the next few days, until the models start to reach a consensus with the general pattern.

Would anyone say that the 12z ECMWF is a reasonable solution for this storm? I'm a little suspicious with how the GFS is handling this event, and the models are all over the place (like the GGEM which now looks like it has a GLC), so it looks like it will be difficult to get a clear idea of what this storm will do at least for the next few days, until the models start to reach a consensus with the general pattern.

Yeah atm the Euro looks more reasonable than alot of the models, especially the GFS. Granted, the Euro has not held a consistent solution run to run, so Im a bit wary.

Its amazing what a job the -NAO is doing towards making the pattern either normal or slightly below...if you look at the 18Z GFS at 500mb at 168 hours....just try and envision what that pattern would look like over the NE without the -NAO...probably something about like this..........

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NARR/1997/us0218.php

Its amazing what a job the -NAO is doing towards making the pattern either normal or slightly below...if you look at the 18Z GFS at 500mb at 168 hours....just try and envision what that pattern would look like over the NE without the -NAO...probably something about like this..........

http://www.meteo.psu...1997/us0218.php

wow, ouch. w/o the nao we mine as well head right into spring.. Lets hope the -nao can hold up for most of the winter and try to get a few moderate snowstorms, as la nina isnt going away anytime fast.

Yea that's what i thought.

Ugh so annoying watching the 2nd wave just get completely crushed. So close to turning the corner, but happens just a little too late.

Wouldn't worry about it. Storm chance is there - plus, how many times has the GFS suppressed storms? It's a little closer on this run than it was.

Yea that's what i thought.

Ugh so annoying watching the 2nd wave just get completely crushed. So close to turning the corner, but happens just a little too late.

i wouldn't fret upon that, way out in space and also it seems like the models well especially the gfs over do the blocks and cold. Once we get closer it backs off. Just look at the thread tony and i are doing on the gfs verification on the thicknesses.

i wouldn't fret upon that, way out in space and also it seems like the models well especially the gfs over do the blocks and cold. Once we get closer it backs off. Just look at the thread tony and i are doing on the gfs verification on the thicknesses.

Yea GFS always overdoes the cold so I would expect itto get closer.

Anyways, I'd rather have the Euro showing the dec 5 threat right now than the GFS.

Archived